EnCompass LLC is seeking a Contracts Specialist to provide contract administration and pricing support to a portfolio of client contracts and proposals.
The Contract Specialist is a full-time position based at the EnCompass office in Rockville, MD.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Contracts Administration functions:
- Review consultant agreement requests and documentation for engagement, issues agreements, and enter data in the EnCompass Accounting system, Unanet
- Review agreement requests and documentation, and draft purchase orders and subcontracts
- Support subcontract management, including reporting, performance management, and compliance
- Maintain client award files (electronic and paper), including administrative actions and related correspondence
- Draft client communications in support of contract administrative actions and required approvals
- Work with contracts team members to maintain the contract tracking database and contract data in the Accounting system, Unanet, including the tracking of contract period of performance, deliverables, and financial report due dates
- Identify any contractual or regulatory issues in RFPs that may impact the opportunity, review cost proposals organizational and regulatory compliance
Cost Proposal functions:
- Support pricing efforts for orders under client contract mechanisms, provide overall support to cost proposal development
- Help gather and verify pricing information
- Serve as point of contact to subcontractors, issue data calls to proposal partners, and review and negotiate subcontractor price proposals and cost proposal documentation
- Ensure budget narratives are reviewed and edited before submission
- Assist in the development of cost-related responses to post-submission donor questions/requests for revision
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience or Master’s Degree and 4 years of experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Grants and Contracts Management, and/or Auditing
Experience and Skills
- Strong familiarity and experience with USAID regulations and applying the FAR, AIDAR, and other regulations to project work
- Experience in implementing or providing support to programs funded by USAID, other USG agencies and UN agencies
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with strong verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate
- Strong attention to detail and conscientious in adhering to deadlines and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with only general supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a wide variety of non-financial stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and deep familiarity with MS Office
- Ability to work in an appreciative, strengths-based environment
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter to https://encompassworld.com/work-with-us.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.