The USAID Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain (NextGen GHSC) has an overarching goal to support countries to build resilient and sustainable supply chains which deliver high quality, lifesaving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to support the highest possible level of health and quality of life for all its citizens. The expected suite of programs will work to improve the capacity of global supply chains and enhance the ability of in-county supply chains to support end-user delivery. Within this global initiative, the Control Tower Platform will provide visibility of commodities procured through multiple NextGen GHSC suit of programs: Procurement Service Agent (PSA HIV), Procurement Service Agent Diagnostics, Procurement Service Agent Malaria, and Procurement Service Agent Family Planning and Reproductive Health, Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, and Other Health Element procurements, as they move through the procurement and delivery cycle. This program will track orders and manage performance of their individual program supply chains within this common platform with separate security access and control given to users.
DevTech is seeking a Control Tower Director to manage the USAID NextGen GHSC Control Tower Platform by tracking commodity, procurement, manufacturing, staging, and delivery. The Control Tower Director will work with the Chief of Party/Director to develop solutions to address supply chain performance challenges and improve operational efficiency, using both proven and innovative approaches adapted to the developing country context.
- Manage the day-to-day functioning of the Control Tower.
- Manage the development of Control Tower standard operating procedures.
- Provide input to the Control Tower design to ensure the platform supports enhanced visibility of all procurement service agents, third-party logistics providers, transportation carriers, warehouse providers, and manufacturers as needed.
- Manage real-time data gathering and information sharing for real-time alerts for supply chain disruptions and exception management.
- Ensure that the Control Tower provides visibility of the full state of the global supply chain that cuts across all countries and procurers.
- Manage coordination with supply chain participants on shortfalls or low-quality data that may adversely affect supply chain performance.
- Manage the development of analytical reports to inform decisions and develop recommendations for supply chain optimization and improvement.
- Manage the development of innovative supply chain optimization tools, including the use of machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Guide coordination with in-country partners depending on coverage requirements for the Control Tower.
- Manage communication with GHSC partners on supply chain performance and optimization in real-time to address challenges and issues.
- A Master’s degree or higher in business administration, supply chain management, computer science, management of information systems, data science, or a related field;
- 10 years of managerial and technical experience in public health or heath supply chain management;
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain analytics including collection, cleansing, analysis, and interpretation of supply chain data for a wide variety of project types (e.g. sourcing, procurement, inventory, and value analysis);
- Knowledge of ERP Supply Chain applications (e.g. SAP), Warehouse Management Software and EPIC to enable data analysis;
- Familiarity and experience with Agile Methodologies;
- Knowledge of supply chain functions, ideally in a healthcare setting;
- Demonstrated leadership, including assembling teams and providing oversight; and
- Strong communications skills and fluency in English.
- Experience in one of the technical disciplines, such as distribution planning, warehousing, inventory management, risk management, and other key supply chain technical functions.
- Experience with U.S. Government or other donor-funded projects.
About the Organization
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.