International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Controller
Reports To: Executive Vice President
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position
IBTCI is currently seeking a Controller to lead our Accounting team. The successful candidate will have previous experience with USAID government contracting accounting rules and regulations. Experience with Deltek Costpoint is also required.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Accounting systems for USAID government contracts.
- Prepare and present financial and associate reports.
- Manage the accounts receivable, accounts payable, posting reference, general ledger and collection functions.
- Coordinate outside audits with outside independent auditors and regulatory agencies; oversee preparation of required items.
- Establish and maintain accounting procedures and controls.
- Maintain monthly accounting calendar.
- Participate in proposal activity and create pricing responses to RFP and RFQ’s.
- Prepare financial statements for management review.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strict attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of cost accounting standards.
- Previous experience with FAR/DFAR regulations desired.
- Experience with USAID, World Bank, etc. contracts preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with preparation and review of incurred cost submission and forward pricing rates.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Controller for with USAID government contracting.
- Previous experience using Deltek Costpoint project accounting software required.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise accounting staff required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Not required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.