Duty Station: Montpellier, France
Closing Date for Applications: 6 January 2019
Update: This position has been revised to take into account emerging internal business needs. Please see updated job description for more details.
This vacancy may close early if a suitable shortlist is identified from prospective candidates, whom we will be reviewing as applications are received. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply promptly.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced professional to fill the position of Controller with the CGIAR System Organization. This position offers an exciting opportunity to be part of a fantastic financial services team that supports CGIAR’s work to contribute to a world free of poverty, hunger, and environmental degradation.
Summary of the Position
A key member of the Financial & Digital Services Unit, the role is a senior accounting officer responsible for the following broad areas:
• managing the full cycle of processes related to the System Organization’s accounting and procurement functions;
• establishing, implementing and maintaining comprehensive internal financial controls and processes that facilitate the efficient use of the Organization’s financial resources
• establishing, monitoring and driving a culture of compliance with financial policies, systems, and procedures in a way that effectively guides financial decisions and supports successful delivery of the System Organization’s mission and objectives
• fostering and contributing to highly collaborative teamwork and demonstrating leadership as an effective mentor and coach who supervises the work of a Senior Accounting Associate and a Senior Contracts Administration Associate
Qualifications, Experience & Competences
To apply for this position, the ideal candidate must be a highly skilled and experienced accounting manager familiar with leading full-cycle accrual accounting in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and must possess the following:
• Advanced university degree in accounting or finance and Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) certification or equivalent
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in a similar position involving accounting and financial management with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
• Strong numeracy skills, accuracy, attention to detail and sound working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages, including spreadsheets and databases
• Fluency in spoken and written English
How to Apply
Please send your application letter and CV in English and as separate PDF attachments; ensuring that neither document contains your marital status, age or photograph.
Note: All received applications will be acknowledged, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date for applications will not be considered.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
The selected candidate will be employed by the CGIAR System Organization. Appointments are typically for a fixed term of 3 years, with a possibility of renewal subject to the System Organization’s needs and funding.
The CGIAR System Organization is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation with a favorable taxation arrangement in France, and comprehensive employee benefits comprising extensive insurance coverage, a retirement plan and relocation support where applicable.
About the Organization
Who We Are
CGIAR is a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR Centers in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations, and the private sector. These 15 Centers have close to 10,000 staff based in over 50 countries.
Established in 2012, the CGIAR System Organization provides governance to the CGIAR System in collaboration with the System Council and has about 40 staff. The System Organization is committed to cultivating a work environment that reflects teamwork, gender equality, and respect for diversity. We endeavor to foster a multi-cultural environment that is free of any form of harassment and discrimination; and that embraces and values individuals regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender, national or social origin, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
Please find more information about CGIAR at www.cgiar.org