Summary of Job
The primary functions of the Controller are to manage and perform key tasks within accounting. S/he oversee and support the activities of all staff that are responsible for the HQ Accounting functions including but not limited to revenue and expense recording, payment processing, financial and regulatory reporting, treasury management, interactions with auditors, co-managing Deltek implementation with Director of Finance from design, configuration, and implementation, through rollout, training, and administration. S/he is also responsible to develop and update HQ and field accounting policies and procedures. S/he will insure that all project and corporate accounting activities such transaction posting, cost allocation and reporting comply with established accounting standards and principles. S/he will work closely with the functional units of the Center of Operational Excellence and other Centers to ensure that systems of Internal controls are working and that ERP deliverables fall with the applicable scope, timeline, and budget. S/he is a key player in maintaining a functional enterprise resource management system. S/he will have the responsibility for 5 direct reports.
Audits, NICRA, and Tax Returns
- Lead interactions with US auditors, ensure timely and accurate issuance of reports, and work with auditors, works with auditors doing country offices audits, IntraHealth BP’s, Compliance, and Country Office finance staff to resolve issues and craft appropriate responses to findings.
- Lead interactions with tax returns preparer (prepare schedules and resolve questions).
- Prepare annual NICRA submission and provide timely responses to all questions and issues raised during review by USAID to enable issuance of final rates.
- Prepare semiannual sales tax refund claims and annual NC Solicitation License.
Monthly and Annual Closings
- Work with accounting staff to establish due dates and assignments of responsible persons schedules for closings and monitor progress each month.
- Provide support as needed to resolve any issues related to financial period closings.
- Lead in ensuring all QuickBooks accounts are reconciled to accounting system values accurately and on a timely bases and prepare all journal entries needed to correct findings.
- Review sub ledgers for appropriate balances and resolve any issues.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Create periodic reports for Board meetings.
- Lead contact with HQ’s primary bank for all banking issues, as well as assist country offices with bank sections and issues as needed. Lead contact with Payment Management Systems for reporting and inquiries, review and approve quarterly and final Federal form 425’s, support AR Officer to determine appropriate draw downs and balances as well as setup and changes to wire templates and approve wires, and review monthly AR Aging to determine timely balances and monitor advances.
- Calculate monthly “free cash” values and report to appropriate staff, check signatory and lead transmitter of weekly ACH files, and review, code and approve travel’s credit card charges.
- Promote and implement changes to improve accuracy, compliance, efficiencies, and improved business processes and research and resolve financial issues, identify solutions and write journal entries as needed.
- Monitor provisional vs actual overhead and fringe rates and resolve potential issues.
- Review chart of accounts and propose changes as needed to address reporting needs, review financial reporting options available and work with IT to make changes and verify accuracy.
- Review and approve all AP voucher packages and approve new vendor setups, work with the AR Officer related to Amber Road software issues and performs quarterly check of all employees using employment file provided by HR.
- Provide assistance as needed related to payroll, labor distribution and the Tenrox time recording system.
- Create and modify policies and procedures related to Finance and Accounting and participate in software reviews, upgrades and implementation
ERP Implementation – Co Managed with Director of Finance
- Create and maintain accurate plans in conjunction with the ERP Vendor, ERP manager and ERP Implementation Committee (EIC).
- Work closely with the EIC concerning the ERP mapping, business objective clarification, requirements definition, design, configuration/development, data conversion, testing, deployment, change enablement, post go live support and integration.
- Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans
- Manage and administer the ERP system in long-term.
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Set and plan the Data Cleansing activities.
- Manage the development of ERP workflow documentation and user training guides as may be required.
Reporting, Training, and Compliance
- Attend and contribute to regularly scheduled Division and Sr. Management meetings, special purpose meetings to address issues/concerns/create responses.
- Provide training as needed related to financial systems, reporting and timesheet system, while participating in the planning of addressing future challenges, formulated solutions, provide data for annual insurance renewals.
- Provide support to annual budgeting process, complete annual SAM.gov registration and US Census Bureau Surveys, and complete annual US Treasury report of bank accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field and 16 years of relevant work experience or a Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field and 14 years of relevant work experience
- At least 7 years of supervisory experience.
- CPA qualification is preferred.
- Understanding of GAAP, IFRS, GAS and Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200
- Tax and regulatory reporting related to Not-For-Profits, NICRA submission requirements
- Advanced understanding and experience in all areas of Accounting, Payroll, and Finance.
- Extensive experience with different accounting and ERP systems, experience with Deltek – CostPoint is a must.
- Medium to advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of USAID and other Federal programs’ fiscal and compliance requirements, principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HQ and field staff, funders, government officials, and auditors etc.) and facilitate participatory discussion and joint decision-making.
- Exemplary communication skills applied to a broad set of stakeholders that balances relevancy and impact with honesty and integrity
- Ability to develop new, better or significantly different methods or procedures that result in improvements to financial processes and reporting
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
- This position is based in IntraHealth HQ, Chapel Hill, NC
About the Organization
Why join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1