DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and Operations, the Controller is responsible for overseeing all accounting operations to ensure the business is operating effectively, efficiently, and with adequate controls. The Controller directs activities and personnel in the US business segment’s accounting function, including audit and compliance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, general ledger, payroll, project accounting, and tax. The US business segment does more than 90% of its business with USAID under full CAS covered cost-plus fixed fee contracts.
- Maintain corporate books and records, chart of accounts, and serves as an administrator for the accounting system and its associated modules.
- Manage the financial close process including the timely invoicing of clients and associated collections.
- Manage the preparation of deadline-driven reporting, including managing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting processes to management, lenders, and investors.
- Ensure all entities balance sheets are fully reconciled at a minimum each month, within 30 days following the period close.
- Establish and maintain controls over corporate bank accounts and lines of credit and related reporting. Including robust cash forecasting for internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and ensure submission of reporting requirements with banks and regulators to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Reviews and releases payments in line with cashflow planning process.
- With outside audit firm, serve as a senior authority on accountancy matters including but not limited to determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets, goodwill, and unallowable costs per the FAR, AIDAR, and current CAS Disclosure.
- Arrange for audits of company’s accounts. Maintain communication with external auditors as well as with government auditors, as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with law and financial regulations including US GAAP.
- Provides training and guidance to new and existing team members both on job-related tasks as well in proper internal controls and efficient business process development or adaptation.
- Perform as a role model and change agent for business process improvement. Actively engaging with the business for ongoing efficiency gains.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation.
- Excellent communication, planning and time management skills;
- Proactive self-starter;
- Demonstrated success in an accounting role for a firm or business segment of a government contractor with annual revenue of at least $50 million;
- Demonstrated experience with Costpoint; and
- Experience with CAS compliance and cost-type government contracts.
- Strong financial skills and commercial acumen;
- Previous experience with international development; and/or
- Experience operating in a multi-jurisdictional environment.
What we Value:
- Autonomy and proactivity around driving work to completion in the face of ambiguity and challenges;
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We value individuals who are team players and interact positively with colleagues and clients;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems individually and as part of a team, while respecting individual team members’ roles, strengths, and communication styles;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within tight deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global, built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development (GPD) Charitable Trust, applies ingenuity, evidence, and passion to everything we do. Grounded in decades of technical expertise and leadership around the world, we incorporate rigorous learning and assessment in our program design process to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of thought leadership. Our technical experts work in partnership with communities and institutions to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.