The incumbents in the position is responsible for providing support to National Managers and NPO office in different sectors, with possible traveling to its implementing regions. Ensure high quality implementation, reporting, compliance with donor requirements, Impact Monitoring, Grant Adaptation, Grant Compliance, Financial Monitoring, Donor Visits, Resource Mobilization and proposal development, Strategic Communications, Strategy development and management, Gender mainstreaming, External relations, Integration between sectors/agencies and communications for complex, multi-sector grants in close coordination with national sector teams and regional office.
AKF Afghanistan is looking for qualified coordinators in the following sectors to be recruited on roster basis.
- Agriculture and Food Security (previously known as Natural Resource Management)
- Civil society and Sub National Governance
- Economic Inclusion (Market Development)
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Policy and Partnership
- Grants Finance Management
Required Qualifications and Experiences:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field or Bachelor’s degree with an equivalent relevant work experience.
- Minimum of four to five year’s relevant professional experience.
- Excellent English (written and spoken) and communication skills (local language would be an added advantage)
- Ability to meet deadlines, plan and organize time and work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage internal reporting systems
- Ability to be an effective team member, use initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively and openly at different levels within international and national levels.
Required Core Competencies:
- Sensitive to religious, cultural and gender issues in Afghanistan
- Ability to critically analyze and provide constructive recommendations
- Strong analytical, communications, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong sense of personal initiative, problem solving skills, team work, creativity and innovation
- Good team player and ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues and donors
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Willing to work in Afghanistan
About the Organization
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.