Project title: Technical Assistance for the establishment of a Coordination Mechanism for the EPA signatory countries of the ESA group, currently implementing the ESA EPA
The current project is part of FWC SIEA 2018 - LOT 2: Infrastructure, sustainable growth and jobs (EuropeAid/138778/DH/SER/Multi)
The overall objective of the project is to achieve increased trade between the EU and the 4 ESA countries, namely Mauritius, Madagascar, Seychelles and Zimbabwe.
The specific objective of the project is to contribute to the deepening of the interim Economic Partnership Agreement between the EU and the 4 ESA countries currently implementing the iEPA.
This assignment has two expected results, namely:
- Result 1: Enhanced effectiveness of the coordination of the negotiations for deepening the EPA between the EU and the 4 ESA countries, namely Mauritius, Madagascar, Seychelles and Zimbabwe.
- Result 2: Enhanced capacity of the EPA signatory countries for preparing negotiating positions and policy dialogue with the EU.
Commencement date of the project: 30.11.2018
Duration of the project: maximum 3 years
Duration of the assignment: 510 working days
Qualifications and skills
- At least a master’s degree in either Economics, or trade or development-related issues or a related acceptable field;
- Demonstrated ability to present technical findings in succinct reports and coordinate position on sensitive areas;
- Excellent communication and writing skills and experience of providing policy advice at the regional and national level;
- Fluency, both written and spoken, in both English and French.
General professional experience
- At least 12 years of working experience in trade-related issues or any relevant related Discipline.
Specific professional experience
- At least 8 years of working experience in trade negotiations, including proven experience in coordinating positions in negotiations;
- At least 5 years working experience on issues pertaining to EPA negotiations with the EU in the ESA region or other EPA configurations;
- Experience in drafting technical documentation and reports.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org