Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Coordinator to Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter. This individual will provide coordination, administrative and logistical support for the staff of the India Market Systems Country Program based out Chennai.
- Manages the administrative functions of the TCIS department staff based in India and remotely in other locations in the Asia Pacific (AP) region. The Coordinator will plan and coordinate administrative procedures, arrange meetings and provide routine support to the teams.
- Provides oversight of procurement processes. Prepares contracts and agreements with Terwilliger Center partners (such as MFIs, private sector firms, donor agencies, etc) and consultants. Coordinates execution of contracts and legal agreements with various departments. Prepares correspondence and draft contracts. Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations of Habitat.
- Monitor costs and expenses of the project in India to assist in budget management and prepartion. Maintains financial records of transactions and work closely with the AP finance department to ensure financial accountability and grant reporting.
Manage travel arrangements for the India program staff and other AP staff when required. This will include preparing travel itinery, arrange tickets, manage bookings and other logistical arrangements as required.
Coordinates logistics and provides support to webinars, workshops and trainings, local and international, organized by the Terwilliger Center. This may include creating powerpoint decks or other collaterals.
Support in recruitment processes and coordinate with HR of AP when required.
- Manage databases of employee, firms, suppliers and other key stakeholders of the market systems project in India.
- Supports the implementation team in the delivery of projects. Creates templates.
- Works with Habitat project management system, Basecamp.
- Assists in completion of special projects as required.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the market systems program in India and AP office to facilitate operations.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Certificate showing completion of an accredited course in administration or related field required.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Five years’ relevant experience.
- Demonstrated organisational and multitasking abilities along with attention to details.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Works well in a dynamic environment with limited resources.
- Agile. Prioritizes tasks and redirects work effort in response to new opportunities.
- Collaborative. Works well in teams, especially in diverse and multi-cultural contexts.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Tamil.
- Technical Competencies:
- Good computer skills, experience in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other database software required.
- Written and oral fluency in English required.
- Budgeting or financial reporting.
- Project support. Experience developing support materials (e.g., slide decks, presentations, charts, and graphics).
About the Organization
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. HFHI has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, Georgia, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and the Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and the Caribbean work, and Bratislava, Slovakia, for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.