World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Chief of Party, Biodiversity Conservation to be based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
The COP provides overall vision and leadership for the USAID Vietnam Biodiversity Conservation Activity. The COP directs the project’s core team of staff and partners responsible for planning, coordination, design and delivery of all project activities. The COP represents the project to USAID, partners, and governments and ensures the project is well coordinated with relevant governmental departments and other related USAID/other donor projects. The COP applies participatory, adaptive management approach to ensure program is efficient, effective, and achieves planned results. With support from WWF US HQ, ensures that the project is implemented compliance with donor policies and regulations, including subgrants and subcontracts. The COP establishes and maintains good working relationships with project participants, project stakeholders, beneficiaries and other relevant organizations in the region including government partners and USAID personnel.Qualifications
- 10 years of experience implementing and managing complex, large-scale conservation, natural resource management, biodiversity/species protection projects.
- Experience managing multi-million dollar USAID projects strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in natural resources management, forestry, environmental or conservation management, bioregional planning, development studies, social sciences, or other relevant field.
- Experience implementing sustainable landscapes activities in a Tropical Forest context. Vietnam experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive understanding of development partnerships, donor strategies, functions, governmental and international relations.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills and fluency in English.
- Demonstrated effectiveness leading and managing teams that are able to adapt to dynamic operating conditions to achieve project results.
- Please visit our Careers Page, job#20063, to submit an online application including resume and cover letter
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.