The copy editor will provide quality copy editing services. including checking grammar, vocabulary usage, spelling and formatting. Documents to be edited include but are not limited to evaluation, assessment and other reports. The copy editor will be meticulous and well-versed in formal grammar and technical writing as well as be open to applying project-determined standards rather than her or his personal style. Copy editing will be required on a quick-turnaround basis under stated deadlines.
- Native English (mother tongue)or equivalent
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- Prior experience in copy editing in American English, preferable in a technical context;
- Previous experience with international development work, monitoring and evaluation research or similar required with USAID-funded activities highly desirable;
- High degree of proficiency in MS Word with good skills in Excel and Adobe Acrobat;
- Access to current versions of Microsoft Office (365) and Windows (10);
- Experience working with MLA, AP, or Chicago Manual of Style;
- Availability for telephone or Skype calls during Egyptian working hours;
- Residency in Egypt or in a time zone between Europe and the Middle East (UTC +0 to +3) preferred. Qualified candidates living in other locations will be considered;
- Availability for work Sunday to Friday.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. QED has a 20 years history of evidence based development, which includes more than $3.5 billion in programs evaluated and work in 96 countries around the globe. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world.
The Director of Project Management is responsible for leading QED’s Project Management (PM) team and ensuring the successful implementation of all QED projects, including contractual, financial, and operational activities. The Director ensures that QED projects follow all applicable Company and client requirements, and continuously focuses on opportunities to improve internal operations and implement best practices. The Director of Project Management, reporting to the Executive Vice President, is a member of QED’s Management Committee and will work closely with other teams across the Company, including Finance & Accounting, Contracts & Compliance, Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Communications, and Information Technology. The Director will also coordinate closely with the Technical Services team to ensure that all operational and technical elements of our programs are effectively managed. The Director will also coordinate with QED’s Business Development (BD) team to oversee the PM team’s support of BD activities.