Chemonics seeks a Corporate Diversity and Inclusion Manager for the Executive Division. This position will support the Corporate Diversity and Inclusion Director in implementing Chemonics’s global diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategy to ensure it is integrated into the fabric of Chemonics culture, value and business model. The Diversity and Inclusion Manager will support the D&I team in creating and delivering initiatives designed to build a culture of inclusion and ensure the long-term sustainability of D&I efforts. The successful candidate will be a champion for D&I, successfully build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, and design and execute creative ways to develop Chemonics’s approach to D&I as we continue to scale our efforts.
- Assist in the design and manage the implementation of programs and initiatives that further Chemonics’s D&I strategy and contribute to creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace
- Oversee Honoring Our Differences committees and manage event and communication logistics as directed by the Corporate Diversity and Inclusion Director
- Support the management of Chemonics’s Employee Resource Groups and serve as a resource in coordinating communications, budgets and calendars
- In close collaboration with the Corporate D&I Director, support drafting of the strategic plan through conducting research, gathering data, and other related activities
- Update and maintain the D&I Sharepoint site and diversity-related content on Chemonics’ external website
- Assist in the day-to-day management of the Diversity and Inclusion Council
- Assist the Corporate Diversity and Inclusion Director in the planning and delivery of high-quality training, awareness building and other events for internal and external audiences
- Serve as a liaison as directed between the Corporate Diversity and Inclusion Director and Human Resources division, Strategic Communications department, Executive Office, InDepth, GESI practice and other teams
- Assist in responding appropriately and quickly to requests for support from internal and external clients regarding D&I. Manage communications within the D&I team and communications related to D&I across the Executive Division
- Monitor workplan and strategic plan to ensure goals are met in a timely fashion. Report on overall progress to ensure that learning and results are utilized to improve D&I programs and processes
- Assist with diversity analytics, including benchmarking, tracking metrics, analyzing and generating diversity reporting for various audience to highlight trends and demonstrate impact of D&I programs and initiatives
- Promote a work environment that is accepting, emphasizes teamwork, a respect for differences, and giving constructive feedback
- Understand organizational dynamics and actively work to cultivate D&I allies across the organization
- Serve as acting Corporate Diversity and Inclusion Director as necessary. Represent Diversity & Inclusion at Chemonics at internal and external meetings, events, and trainings as needed.
- Exercise and maintain confidentiality of information as it pertains to the organization, diversity initiatives, and senior leadership
- Supervise associate(s) and/or administrative assistant(s). Communicate clear performance goals and standards and ensures staff receive regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and the time and opportunity to grow and develop in key competency areas.
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum 3 years of project management and/or technically relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices and trends in diversity and inclusion, including familiarity with key concepts (e.g. cultural competence, unconscious bias, etc.) Practical experience designing and/or implementing D&I programs preferred
- Shows a committed and proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and to own personal development in this area
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to handle confidential information and materials with discretion
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams, develop presentations and trainings for small to large audiences, and facilitate team discussions
- Experience creating and managing project plans to support effective implementation of programs and initiatives
- Experience coordinating events, managing logistics, identifying speakers, and developing agendas/materials
- Knowledge of international development and experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- English proficiency required; foreign language skills a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Apply through our Career Center by March 1, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.