We are looking for exceptional and committed corporate finance professionals to join the Investment Banking (“IB”) team at ClearlySo. The IB team provides specialist corporate finance advisory and execution services to impact enterprises looking to raise capital from institutional and individual impact investors. It also advises fund managers on structuring and raising impact funds. You will be an integral part of this established and experienced team and involved in the origination and execution of advisory and capital raising transactions across multiple sectors – including, but not limited to, energy and the environment, health care, property, financial services, education and ethical consumerism.
This is a very exciting time to join the IB team as both our client pipeline and investor networks are growing rapidly. This reflects a significant step change in the impact investing market over the last year or so combined with ClearlySo reaping the benefits of its very strong brand presence and active engagement with numerous impactful enterprises and funds as well as institutional and individual investors. We have a large number of ongoing mandates with clients seeking to raise significant amounts of capital, a strong pipeline of high quality further transactions from existing and new clients and we continue to successfully expand and enhance our extensive investor network. Consequently we are looking to expand and strengthen the IB team, across the range of seniority, to meet this demand and capitalise on ClearlySo’s unique position and strengths in the impact investing market. The roles offer a high level of exposure to entrepreneurs, investors and businesses at the forefront of the impact investment space.
Origination and business development
- As part of the IB team, be responsible for and assist in deal and client origination.
- Prepare proposals and take responsibility for pitching to clients to secure new mandates.
- Manage negotiation of commercial terms, on-boarding and finalising contractual terms with clients.
- Develop your own network of contacts and interact with impact enterprises, fund managers, investors and other stakeholders and advisers across the industry.
- Help build the pipeline through proactive origination, coverage and evaluating in-bound enquiries.
Transaction execution and completion
- Provide advisory and investment readiness services to clients before taking the transaction to market. These include analysis of the client’s business plan, assistance in preparation of transaction marketing materials and a detailed financial model, advice on transaction structure, identification of likely potential investors and preliminary market sounding to gauge and quantify investor appetite.
- Assist in driving execution to a successful completion, including: engaging with potential investors; co-ordinating their due diligence; assisting the client in evaluating and selecting the preferred investors; and advising the client on negotiating commercial terms and transaction completion.
- A minimum of two to three years of experience in originating, structuring, executing and completing equity transactions in venture capital, private equity or investment banking, including capital raising or M&A.
- Extensive experience in building and running financial models for corporate finance transactions and understanding of and familiarity with financial statements.
- Strong team player and independent and reliable worker who can take responsibility for transactions from origination through execution to completion.
- Clear commitment to and passion for a better financial system where the impact of investments is considered along financial risk and return.
- Enthusiasm for working in a small, entrepreneurial company and good cultural fit with the team.
Nice to haves:
- Track record in debt-related structures or in structured finance.
- Experience of working with SMEs or funds.
- Experience of working within impact enterprises or investors; knowledge of current trends and regulations, and existing relationships with key players.
- A network of investors (individuals and / or institutions) active in impact investing.
- A welcoming and enthusiastic personality.
- Experience of using databases and CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce)
What we offer:
- An exciting and challenging role at Europe’s leading impact investment bank.
- The opportunity to work alongside a highly-motivated and diverse team with a strong commitment to achieving our mission and track record in closing impact transactions, which is uniquely positioned to capitalise on the surge in transaction activity in impact investing.
- A salary at the higher end of the impact investing sector; stock options; pension contribution; and bonuses based upon firm-wide and individual performance.
- A pleasant, collaborative and dynamic place of work.
How to apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, plus a brief covering letter telling us why you are a great fit for the role.
ClearlySo is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Applicants must have an appropriate visa to work in the UK.
Note: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.