The Mitchell Group is looking for a Cost Accountant. The responsibilities of the position would include:
- Manage the preparation, review and process of complex billing vouchers for USG Contracts types, i.e. Cost Plus, Time & Material, and Fixed Price with CLIN structures budgets.
- Resolve complex invoicing issues that arise due to unique billing requirements.
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure accurate client invoicing at the project level
- Monitor, track, and analyze project costs in relation to budget.
- Review labor and expense charges for accuracy in relation to contract terms.
- Maintain organized project contract files. Responsible for setting up contract award and modifications in TMG’s Cost Accounting System.
- Provide routine financial and accounting liaison between the TMG project team and field office finance team.
- Prepare general ledger accounting journal entries and reciliations.
- Oversee financial close-out of awards by computing billed (provisional indirect costs against final indirect costs rates)
- Provide support the Finance Unit to ensure compliance in contracts management with the terms and conditions of each award as stated in the contract documents.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with all administrative requirements, as set forth in various funding agency rules and regulations, i.e. FAR, AIDAR, etc.
- Provide periodic budget variances, pipeline and funding analyses reports for all contract portfolio.
- Maintain budgetary control using appropriate bookkeeping and cost control systems.
- Troubleshoot accounting and finance questions from the field offices as needed.
- Strong attentions to the details.
The candidate must demonstrate the following abilities:
- Sound judgment, foresight, and excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent business communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted budgeting and accounting principles.
- Ability to manage and knowledge of contracts administration.
- Ability to interpret complex policies, rules, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or Finance.
- 4+ years of experience in USG accounting or finance.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word; Deltek Costpoint or QuickBooks software a plus.
About the Organization
The Mitchell Group, Inc. (TMG) is a global solutions leader providing meaningful impact and sustainable solutions to development efforts affecting the lives of ordinary people. We are a veteran-owned business with over 30 years of international development program experience. TMG has performed highly successful, long-term contracts for US government clients such as USAID and National Institutes of Health (NIH) in supporting their various projects in multiple countries on 6 continents throughout the world. Many of those projects have been in Africa, where TMG has worked in 38 of its countries and currently has offices in Ghana, Burkina Faso, Niger, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, and Ethiopia. Through these projects, TMG has gained broad, multi-sector experience in managing more than 100 US government contracts. We work with a large group of highly qualified experts whose specialized skills provide expertise to perform services in various technical areas, logistical management, financial management, administration, project management, MIS services, capacity building, training, and other sectors.
TMG has been a leading contractor in assisting the US National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and other domestic and international agencies with their important international biomedical research efforts to find cures for such human scourges as Malaria, AIDS and Ebola. TMG has also assisted USAID in successfully performing major contracts implementing its international development programs in such functional areas as Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Training, Health Services, Countering Violent Extremism, Disaster Management, Agriculture and Food Security, and Outreach and Communications.