DevTech is seeking a self-starting Cost and Budgeting Associate experienced with cost proposal preparation of USAID contracts and grants. The Cost and Budgeting Associate will provide contractual support, oversight, and ensure compliance to USAID and other donor requirements. The successful candidate will analyze and identify solutions to contractual issues. The Cost and Budgeting Associate will be a member of Contracts and Finance team, report to Director of Contracts and Grants, and will closely work with Business Development team and Program Officers.
- Lead the cost proposal efforts on new solicitations and task orders, working closely with the Business Development team.
- Prepare budget templates in accordance with RFP and RFTOP requirements, budgets and budget narratives for proposals for USAID and other donors.
- Prepare all cost proposal certifications and other requirements. Ensure all contractual compliance requirements are met for each cost proposal.
- Review and negotiate Teaming Agreements.
- Serve as primary point of contact to subcontractors and provide guidance to assist with the completion of necessary budget forms.
- Prepare and negotiate subcontracts, purchase agreements, independent consultant agreements, contract modifications and negotiate and propose rates, funds sufficiency, and perform periodic contract budget monitoring.
- Monitor programs to ensure contract performance and administrative compliance with the client and DevTech Systems’ rules and regulations and compliance with contract deliverable.
- Assist program managers on contract start-up, implementation, and closeout activities; including preparation of required approvals, allowances, funding, procurement, property inventory, as necessary.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree (minimum), or preferably a master’s degree, in finance, business management, accounting, international development, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in cost proposal preparation and/or contract management on USG-funded contracts and grants, especially USAID awards.
- Experience with applying USAID and other donor’ and client’s regulations, policies, procedures, contracts and grants management processes.
- Working knowledge of CFR, including FAR and AIDAR, as well as other donor-specific regulations.
- Specific training in USAID regulations, budgeting, and/or budget management preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and inter-personal skills and ability to work in multi-cultural settings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint) with advanced skills with Excel and other spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communications skills.
- Fluency in English required with advanced proficiency in a second language preferred, particularly Spanish.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.