The Cost and Pricing Analyst develops budgets and cost proposals for new business across TechnoServe’s regional divisions, and review budgets developed by others. This position is a critical member of the proposal team, providing input to maximize the cost effectiveness and competitiveness of program design.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field, with minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably in international development.
- Proven analytic and budgeting skills, including the ability to model the costs of different program designs.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills; able to effectively interact with diverse groups of domestic and international colleagues; Spanish and/or French language skills highly desirable; Portuguese skills also desirable.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze donor solicitations to understand the terms and conditions and convey any unique or risky contract terms to Proposal Managers and other relevant staff. Prepare contractual clarification questions in response to solicitations.
- Adapt standard budget templates to meet specific needs of funder solicitations.
- Develop cost proposals for new business across TechnoServe’s regional divisions in coordination with the Operations and Program Development teams, ensuring alignment with the technical proposal and budgeting for full cost recovery while also making a strong business case for the value for money offered by TechnoServe.
- Review cost proposals developed by other cost and pricing staff or regional financial staff to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Enter new award budgets into TechnoServe’s financial system; assist in developing customized financial report templates for new awards to ensure compliance with donor reporting requirements; and support handover of proposal budgets to program managers.
- Support maintenance of a library of cost data used for new cost proposals.
- Travel may be required; must be able to travel on short notice for up to two weeks at a time.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
About the Organization
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. Our vision is to be the most effective catalyst and partner for transformative, on-the-ground, market-based solutions to poverty. From inspiration in West Africa to transformation around the world, TechnoServe has deepened its impact over the last 50 years. Experience the historic journey.
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
TechnoServe is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the employment application and selection process. If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact Human Resources Department at 202-719-1300.