Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA, is accepting applications from qualified Cost & Pricing Manager candidates. The Cost & Pricing Manager works closely with technical staff in developing cost proposals, detailed budgets, and costed modifications for international development projects, primarily those of USAID. The Cost & Pricing Manager is engaged at various points in the business cycle and works under the general supervision of the Director of Cost and Pricing, with oversight from the Vice President of Operations.
This position will be based in Burlington, Vermont or Arlington, Virginia.
* Develop and prepare complex cost proposals in response to customer requirements. In collaboration with technical staff, prepare budgets (CPFF, T&M, and Fixed Price) in MS Excel for international development project proposals to USAID and other clients;
* Under the Director of Cost & Pricing’s direction, conduct negotiations with clients on contracts where performing as the Cost Lead;
* Advise proposal teams on pricing strategy and other cost issues in conjunction with proposal objectives;
* Negotiate budgetary items with subcontractors with guidance from technical staff;
* Prepare supporting documentation for cost proposal submissions, including budget narratives, certifications, etc.;
* Present draft cost proposal budgets for reviews and prepare briefings for Senior Management review;
* Assist technical staff in completing costed modifications;
* Manage templates and processes related to subcontractor budgets and other cost proposal inputs;
* Manage development and facilitation of trainings to staff related to cost and pricing;
* Assist in design and implementation of improvements to cost and pricing processes and procedures;
* Assist in enforcement of compliance with the company’s cost and pricing processes and procedures; and
* Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Cost and Pricing or Vice President of Operations.
* Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field required;
* Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in developing cost proposals in response to solicitations from USAID or other U.S. Government agencies required;
* Extremely proficient in MS Excel, particularly budget development and formula utilization;
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Outstanding oral and written communications skills;
* Exemplary collegiality, reliability, and follow through across teams and tasks;
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects;
* Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with poise and professionalism; and
* U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity;
* CV in reverse chronological format;
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.