Around the globe, RTI International is working to develop and implement low emission energy technology alternatives, raise private financing for energy infrastructure, work with governments on legal and regulatory reforms to alleviate bottlenecks in energy generation and consumption, and increasing access to green energy to sustain economic growth and reduce poverty. We serve as a chosen partner for USAID’s Power Africa program in sub-Sahara Africa, and we are looking to expand our knowledge and practice to support the development of sound energy infrastructure, enabling energy sector reforms, and grow sustainable, secure energy markets throughout the Indo-Pacific.
RTI is seeking a Sri Lanka Country Advisor for an anticipated upcoming USAID energy project in South Asia. This will be a senior level position, and candidates should have a proven track record of leadership and the ability to navigate complex political environments.
• Coordinate country-level activities related to all four project objectives, by consulting with stakeholders, organizing events, reporting on outcomes and supporting logistics, including travel arrangements;
• Support organization, development and uptake of best practices through capacity building, knowledge products and communications tools;
• Provide overall technical vision and leadership
• Build and maintain project networks within the country government, private sector and donor community and other stakeholders;
• Support gender mainstreaming for country-level activities;
• Support results reporting for M&E, contribute to work planning and other deliverables and communication products for country-level activities;
• Respond to all requests to support program management and administration requirements at the country levels
Required minimum qualification and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in energy or a related field;
• 5-10 years’ experience in coordinating technical and organizational programs in Asia;
• Demonstrated experience maintaining a network within the government and private sector partners to influence change;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience coordinating activities, workshops, and trainings;
• Experience with project-based reporting systems;
• Understanding of cross-cutting issues including environment, gender equity and social inclusion.