Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is participating in the tender for the EU funded project “Reducing plastic waste in the Americas – Ensuring sustainable consumption and production patterns”.
The project aims to strengthen the cooperation of the EU with selected countries in the Americas, via a set of activities that will support a transition towards a more circular economy, in line with the EU Plastic Strategy. It will support a transition to sustainable consumption and production of plastic, particularly concerning waste prevention and management aspects of plastic waste (waste hierarchy, extended producer responsibility) entering into the fluvial/marine environment, and favouring green public procurement.
The Country Coordinator Colombia (m/f/d) will be directly responsible for all the project activities in Colombia linking with other stakeholders, ensuring adequacy to the needs the objectives and purposes and delivering timely quality outputs.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master degree in Engineering, Economics, Management or another relevant subject or equivalent experience of 10 years.
- Strong coordination and communication skills.
- Fully fluent in English and in Spanish.
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of professional experience, including at least 5 years working in international contexts.
- At least 3 years of experience managing projects or programmes.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 10 years of experience working in the fields of plastic waste, waste hierarchy, sustainable consumption, circular economy and material cycle.
- At least 2 years of experience as a long term expert in an international donor financed project. Experience in EU financed projects would be an additional asset.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Latin America, among these at least 2 years in Colombia.
- Experience in international policy dialogue programmes or projects would be a strong asset.
Please note that the European Union has not yet published the detailed Terms of Reference for this project. Therefore, location, start date and duration of the assignment as well as tasks and requirements may be subject to change.
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.