USAID Green Invest Asia, a project implemented by Pact and its partners, aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by mobilizing private finance to upscale and drive investment in the agriculture, forestry and other land use (AFOLU) sector toward low-emission yet profitable business models. To achieve this, the project is:
- Identifying a pipeline of investments in land use and land management;
- Encouraging investments by banks, financial institutions and funds into sustainable, low-emission land use management business; and
- Building a community of practice in sustainable landscape finance to tackle systemic issues that block the development and financing of low-emission land use management.
USAID Green Invest Asia is seeking a qualified individual to coordinate between relevant networks and potential partners and the team in the Bangkok, Thailand office.
The ideal candidate has a passion for, and knowledge of, environmental sustainability, excellent analytical and communication skills (both oral and written) and is adept at managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously. The coordinator will be responsible for supporting and maintaining relationships between USAID Green Invest Asia and potential and current partners involved with sustainable finance for climate smart land management in the agriculture and forestry sector in Vietnam. The coordinator will perform a variety of networking tasks, outreach and engagement in support of the project.
The Coordinator will link companies, relevant networks and their representatives across the Vietnam. Four interdependent activity streams are planned:
- In coordination with the Chief of Party or her delegate, develop and implement a clear strategy and mechanism for engaging and securing long-term involvement of relevant Vietnamese partners, including agriculture and forestry companies, investors, financial institutions and networks. This will involve developing a national inventory of “who is doing what, and where” with a particular focus on finance, forestry and agricultural partners to identify a potential client base for Vietnam. This may include mapping of potential companies (national and foreign), investors (national and foreign), and other similar initiatives in country.
- Scale up a knowledge management platform from the local perspective for current and new partners to continue to generate and share knowledge.
- Promote the sustainable land use-based interests of individual partners and networks for engagement, investment, dissemination of learning and inclusion of new national organizations and actors. This will involve representation of USAID Green Invest Asia in a wide variety of forums.
- Facilitate meetings for USAID Green Invest Asia team members and/or serve as a representative with potential business and finance partners.
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Identify agriculture/forestry companies and/or investors for USAID Green Invest Asia.
- Coordinate with local businesses, MNCs, regional and international investors relevant to the project.
- Collate preparatory documents of client companies.
- Coordinate with additional project partners as appropriate.
- Compile company profiles for internal and external dissemination.
- Conduct potential travel as needed on site visits to represent the project.
- Represent the network in a variety of national and regional platforms.
- Support the development and maintenance of a set of client contacts.
- Support as needed with other duties.
- Masters (or Bachelor degree with 7+ years of experience) in business, agriculture, forestry, or other relevant field.
- Well networked with MNCs, small and medium enterprises, and/or financial institutions in Vietnam
- Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships and business development.
- Strong representational skills.
- Minimum 7 years work experience with at least 3 years with the private sector.
- Positive team-oriented, hands-on, adaptive and client-focused attitude.
- Native level fluency in Vietnamese
- Strong communication skills in both written and oral English.
- Ability to work with a team and independently to produce timely and high-quality results.
- Ability to travel (<20%).
- Demonstrated experience in the rice, coffee, cacao, rubber and/or timber value chains or other relevant commodity linked to deforestation in Vietnam.
- Familiarity with relevant local agriculture and forestry businesses and/or networks.
- Experience with financial institutions or investment is desirable.
- Experience in environmental sustainability and/or corporate social responsibility.
- Experience with donor-financed programs.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and CV to the Pact human resources (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.