Location: Bukavu, South Kivu (70-80%), Kinshasa (20-30%)
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 24 months with possibility of extension
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech NGO that provides relief and development assistance in over 20 countries around the world. Formed in 1992, PIN has grown to be the biggest organisation of its kind in Central Europe, providing relief where it is needed, and empowering civil society in the Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia.
People in Need (PIN) has been present in the DRC since 2009. With its main office in Bukavu (South Kivu) we have been implementing projects focusing on nutrition, food security, education, WASH and human rights.
Senior Management and Strategic Planning
- Represent PIN at provincial as well as country level, and be responsible for strategic leadership of the country programme
- Plan development of the country programme in accordance with the local needs and priorities of PIN
- Lead the whole country programme team and overall coordination of all its operations
- Supervise the country programs, finance, compliance and administration as well as human resources, logistics and security
- Medium-term and long-term strategic planning, establishment and maintenance of managerial procedures, recording and putting in use of lessons learned and capacity building
Project Development and Representation
- Ability to cover senior programme roles when required (particularly Head of Programmes, Programme and Project Managers)
- Ensure timely and high quality implementation and reporting to donors and HQ
Human Resource Management
- Actively contribute to development of new proposals, and keep it in line with PIN country strategy and PIN Relief and Development Department strategy
- Network among donors and key stakeholders to actively seek funding opportunities, help to increase the quality of proposals, understand donor priorities and ensure coordination
- Represent PIN at meetings with government partners, regional and local authorities, donors, local agencies, other INGOs, clusters, coordination bodies and other relevant stakeholders, at all levels of project implementation as required
- Plan HR needs, capacity building needs for senior staff and ensure sufficient human resources for the projects to meet its objectives
- Ensure coherent policy towards recruitment, remuneration and bonuses across the country programme
- Support, motivate and consult the country programme’s staff (currently 5 expatriates and 50 nationals).
- Ensure that all security and safety rules (SOPs) are set-up and followed
- In cooperation with PIN security department ensure that security measures are adequate to a given situation
- Ensure and contribute to context analysis and involvement where required in security assessments
- Ensure networks for security management are in place and contacts developed
- Solid leadership and staff management skills, with a record of managing large, diverse teams and contributing to the capacity building to national and international staff
- Experience within the region and understanding of local dynamics preferable
- Proven international experience in team and security management, fundraising, project development, donor liaison
- At least five years of relevant experience with excellent spoken and written English and French
- Knowledge of institutional donor environment and experience experience with donor relations, strategic programme planning, project cycle management, knowledge of the institutional donor environment, including the EC, DFID, USAID etc.
- Reliable and self-reliant personality with responsible and systematic approach to work
- Dynamic and result-oriented profile
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Critical analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and under pressure
- University degree in relevant field
How to Apply:
- Work experience with professional and flexible INGO, the largest in Central-Eastern Europe
- Salary based on the PIN salary scale, based on experience and seniority
- Work in dynamic and motivated team
- Accommodation and local transport costs covered
- 2 flights to home country covered per year
- Costs of visas and vaccination covered
- 25 days of paid holiday per year + 4 days of paid R&R per year
- Medical helpdesk (in the Czech Republic, provided in English)
- Travel insurance (covers the health care incl. the repatriation)
- Introduction training in Prague
Kindly send us your CV (no more than 4 pages) and short cover letter. Please click on the orange button “Apply for this job” and fill the application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout the 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectivity both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe.