Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a consortium of partners, led by Palladium. The project’s HIV activities are supported by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). Globally, HP+ works to strengthen and advance health policy to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems in the areas of family planning and reproductive health, HIV, and maternal health.
In Cambodia, HP+ works to increase sustainable, predictable, and adequate financing for key health programs and to improve social health protection policy implementation. The project builds on the efforts of multiple USAID/Cambodia activities and assists the Royal Government of Cambodia to increase domestic resource mobilization for priority health areas and ensure the effective and efficient management of resources.
The Country Director will lead the HP+ Cambodia program, supported by embedded technical advisors, and other technical and operational staff. The Country Director provides senior level content knowledge, strategic direction, technical assistance, consultation and support for the development and execution of HP+ Cambodia activities in line with stated objective. S/he exercises judgement within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and works closely with the Country Activity Manager to develop and manage the workplan and budget.
* Provides senior leadership, management oversight, and coordination to HP+ program in Cambodia
* Develops, manages and maintains excellent working relationships with the client, government counterparts and other development partners
* Provides subject matter expertise/technical assistance to the program, technical staff and administrators as per global project and country program requirements
* Provides analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems
* Uses various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform contract or cooperative agreement tasks
* Leads and/or reviews and monitors programmatic functions, i.e. development of workplans and budgets
* Ensures quality of services and compliance per project/program requirements
* Provides functional guidance to outside vendors to ensure deliverables are met within timelines and budgets as needed
* Participates in and/or prepares necessary program-related reports, including presentations and white papers
* Organizes and supports as needed project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings
* Participates, and represents the organization as needed, in outside associations, conferences, and symposia
* Leads and assists in research, data collection, policy formulation, training and capacity building efforts in support of contract/agreement activities and deliverables
* Provides guidance and oversight to in-country technical and operational staff
* Demonstrated success in collaboration and coordination across partners, sectors and with home office;
* Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial and evaluative skills
* Demonstrated experience managing projects or programs
* Demonstrated success at achieving programmatic results as specified in a workplan or scope of work
* Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Professional and diplomatic demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents
* Proficient in the use of desktop software, esp. Microsoft Office
* Ability to anticipate, respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands
* Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations
* Experience managing teams of technical and operational staff
Minimum Education or Experience
* Advanced degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent
* 10+ years of experience in public health program management, health governance, health economics, health financing, policy formulation, donor transition and sustainability, or other fields related to international health programs are required, with demonstrable increase in responsibility and leadership
* Fluent written and spoken English
* Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills are required
* Experience working with USAID and/or USAID partners is required
* Work experience in Cambodia or the region, highly preferred
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.