The Country Manage/Agribusiness Specialist (CM) serves as the main point of contact and provides overall day to day oversight of operations within Ecuador, ensuring overall coordination and liaison with public and private sector and other donors and partners. The CM is responsible for project deliverables in the country and remains in regular contact with the CoP and regional team. S/he continuously monitors program operations to ensure compliance with client requirements and supports innovations that advance project goals in R&R, finance, market linkages and alliance building; as well as competitive, results-oriented programming.
* Provides strategic direction and leadership in the country with overall responsibility for meeting the goals and objectives of MOCCA;
* Responsible for establishing alliances and relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders (i.e. host government, NGOs, private sector, local communities and other key partners);
* Works closely with the MOCCA CoP, regional value chain managers and other staff, to ensure the project approach to cocoa and coffee VC development is successfully implemented in the country;
* Assesses opportunities and constraints facing the cocoa and coffee value chains in the target country;
* Identifies and develops relationships with viable private sector partners (including coops and producer organizations and FIs) ensuring their engagement in MOCCA;
* Facilitates the leverage of resources from FIs and other public and private sector partners;
* Creates implementation strategies and work plans to meet all contracted deliverables;
* Provides mentorship and support to the country team;
* Tracks program progress to ensure success in coordination with the CoP of the project;
* Drafts and submits all necessary reports to the CoP for revision prior to submission;
* Ensures the program is adhering to appropriate compliance standards;
* Oversees the smooth and effective implementation, alerting the CoP and other regional staff to challenges as they arise and providing recommendations on potential solutions to address any issues;
* Supports and oversees the establishment and maintenance of M&E, internal controls and administrative and financial policies in coordination with headquarters office management staff;
* Continuously monitors “best practices” and proposes innovations to strengthen MOCCA implementation;
* Bachelor’s degree required in international development, agriculture/agribusiness, rural development, or related degree;
* Minimum 5 years’ experience international development, agriculture/agribusiness, rural development;
* Strong skills in value chains, market-linkages, and/or association development required;
* Previous experience in agriculture management in development programs;
* Excellent team leadership and program management skills;
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
* Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
* Commitment to company mission, vision, principles, and values;
* Knowledge of the above within the context of Ecuador;
* Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel);
* Fluency in Spanish required.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.