Aktis is looking for a Country Manager for Iraq who will be responsible for leading the implementation and development of Aktis’ portfolio in Iraq.
The role covers the following work areas and main responsibilities:
- Commercial Leadership of Aktis Iraq
- Corporate Management of the Aktis Iraq Office
- Management and oversight of contracted Aktis projects in Iraq
- Health Safety and Security plan oversight
- Business Development
- Project Management
The successful candidate will be an experienced Corporate Manager or Senior Project Manager in the development sector with strong and demonstrable technical, management, organisational and interpersonal skills, a demonstrable track-record of delivering projects in conflict environments, and a self-starting, entrepreneurial mindset and have a;
- Minimum of eight years’ post-qualification experience in development, research, law, management consultancy, civil service, banking, defence or equivalent; of these three (5) years must be in the international development sector.
- A solid track record generating new business, expanding client relationships and working with a variety of stakeholders, preferably in the MENA region with current and potential clients of Aktis.
- Proven project management skills applied in the development sector; including: team management, work planning, monitoring and evaluation, financial management and stakeholder engagement.
- Technical knowledge in areas including SSR, Counter violent extremism, organizational capacity development, monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- Previous experience or knowledge of the Middle East and/or Iraqi region would be a significant advantage.
- Fluent written and spoken English; Arabic would be a significant advantage.
For the full job description and application link click on ‘Apply’.
About the Organization
Aktis Strategy is an organisation led by some of the world’s foremost consultant practitioners in problem-solving for fragile and conflict-affected countries. With knowledge and expertise across the spectrum of security sector reform, governance, justice/rule of law, conflict management and countering extremism, Aktis specialises in devising, managing and evaluating complex programmes to address challenging political and institutional problems. Recent field operations have been conducted in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Somalia, and Tunisia. More information is available at the Aktis website, www.aktisstrategy.com.