Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno is a leading global development project management firm. We currently manage 250 projects in over 100 countries for donor clients as diverse as DFAT, DFID, USAID, WB, ADB, and AfDB, with more than $3 billion under contract. Cardno Myanmar runs an established Yangon corporate office of 36 permanent staff managing over 250 field staff across all states and regions of Myanmar.
** APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 27th MAY **
The Myanmar Country Manager has overall responsibility for Cardno’s Myanmar operations, working with a leadership team to deliver high quality project management/technical delivery, corporate support (operational support, finance, HR and administration), and business development services.
Please note that this is a residential based position in Yangon, Myanmar.
Your key responsibilities will include –
- Maintaining and growing Cardno’s reputation for strong technical and operational delivery of complex projects in Myanmar; and building Cardno’s technical eminence in key sectoral areas
- Ensuring a close collaborative relationship with Cardno’s Melbourne corporate office and other South East Asian regional offices
- Overseeing Corporate Support Teams to ensure our projects and clients receive high quality operational (eg security, procurement, logistics) financial, HR, and administrative support; and meeting internal compliance and reporting accountabilities
- Ensuring support, professional development and wellbeing is provided for our staff, reinforcing Cardno Myanmar’s reputation as an employer of choice
- Management of our corporate office, its facilities and daily operations, ensuring a safe, productive and efficient workplace for staff
- Developing and implementing a growth strategy for our Myanmar operations in key client and technical areas.
- Meeting key internal Cardno compliance and reporting accountabilities
To be successful you will demonstrate –
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a development related field is essential
- Demonstrated experience (8+ years) in a senior position within an international development environment
- Effective leadership skills in managing culturally diverse teams including managing poor performance, providing ongoing professional development and mentoring
- Exceptional people skills including proven ability to maintain strong internal and external networks
- Demonstrated experience in writing and winning proposals coupled with strong knowledge of tendering requirements, legalities and guidelines for consulting services
- Strong commercial acumen to efficiently manage the Myanmar office and associated projects within agreed budgets and timeframes
- Demonstrated skills in business development with a proven track record of success in partnering with local and international organisations for projects
- A proven client service focus with a combination of effective negotiation skills and an ability to manage competing demands in a fast paced environment
- An ability to develop and implement administrative systems in a complex environment
As a global business we offer the potential for travel, and outstanding training and development opportunities. We offer a work/life balance and an established recognition and rewards program.
We welcome your interest in our team.
Reference Number – ID18/1850/1417
About the Organization
Cardno has a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.