Job Title: Country Manager
Department Timor Leste (East Timor)
Reports To: East Asia and the Pacific Sub-Regional Country Representative
Country/Location: Dili, Timor Leste
As Country Manager you will manage and represent the Timor Leste country program office, advancing programming and operations objectives and the mission of Catholic Relief Services (CRS) to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your management and representation skills will enable you to advance CRS’ reputation and impact while you mitigate security risks and liabilities, ensuring effective oversight of all program and management quality functions.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Masters degree in International Development, International Relations or a related field.
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing high value relief and development programs. Experience in complex development settings preferred.
* Demonstrated experience successfully managing high-value projects from multiple international donors, including USAID, DFID, and UN agencies; knowledge of relevant donor regulations.
* Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Experience working with Church partners a plus.
* Staff management experience and demonstrated ability to promote an active learning environment.
* Excellent written and spoken English abilities, with the capacity to represent the agency at high levels.
* Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
* Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions under pressure.
* Very good relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally.
* Proven track record of managing strong, successful multi-cultural and multi-sectoral teams.
* Strong communications and presentation skills.
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Travel Required: Up to 30% travel to the Baucau field office and other project locations, as well as Sub-Regional and Regional meetings and learning events.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Trusting Relationships
* Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Location: East Timor - - Dili