- Oversee Justice and Security Dialogue activities in Senegal
- Ensure that all dialogue sessions as well as related activities are completed in a timely manner, achieving project goals and in compliance with the principles of the JSD approach.
- Oversee the organization of dialogues, in-country trainings and other activities as needed by the JSD process. Specific tasks will include monitoring and evaluation, overseeing local partners’ financial reporting, as well as supervising the Project Officer.
- Mentor, coach and build the capacity of participants
- In close consultation with the Regional Coordinator, the CO will mentor and coach the dialogue implementing partner, stakeholders and the Project Officer on the JSD approach, advocacy, and program management.
- Review all technical and financial reporting from implementing partners, provide guidance as needed, and oversee the organization of in-country trainings and capacity building.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with local partners and stakeholders, key local and national government representatives
- In close consultation with the Regional Coordinator, the CO will develop and maintain relationships with relevant institutional and national-level stakeholders.
- The CO will ensure the partner organization is making progress in the JSD process. He/she will provide regular updates and analysis of current social, political and conflict dynamics.
- Contribute to research, national strategy development, and monitoring and evaluation:
- The CO will assist in systems mapping, data collection and empirical research. He/she will develop, working with colleagues, reports, policy guidance, or political analysis as needed, and provide regular and detailed updates on JSD activities.
- He/she will oversee the organization of consultative meetings, in-depth interviews, focus group discussions and other activities as needed.
- Coordinate country participation in regional events
- Provide strategic input, coordinate and support the regional JSD network as needed. Guide and support all participants from Senegal to participate in regional activities.
- Build regional support for a collaborative model of policing.
- BA in relevant field (international relations, conflict resolution, human rights or international development). MA preferred;
- Five (5) years professional experience in rule of law, security sector reform, governance, peacebuilding or similar field;
- Track record working with security forces and civil society in Senegal is preferred;
- Highly developed interpersonal and soft skills, ability to build alliances, communicate effectively, influence decisions, and represent the project in official settings;
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with officials in government and collaborating with local partner organizations;
- Strong interest in and experience with innovative and adaptive programming, with the ability to engage in strategic thinking, forward planning and taking initiative;
- Demonstrated project design, implementation, and monitoring & evaluation skills;
- Experience supervising staff and building the capacity of team members, the partner, and stakeholders;
- Excellent research and analytical skills, experience writing reports for international audiences, and policy papers;
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively, with minimal support, as well as work well as part of a team;
- Fluency in French is required. Working knowledge of English and local languages preferred;
- Willingness to travel regularly within Senegal, and occasionally to other project locations in the Sahel-Maghreb region, as required.
Note: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.