This anticipated 5-year USAID-funded activity will contribute directly to the overarching goals of RISE II Integrated Health Services Delivery (HSD) by improving access to quality health services and strengthening ownership and management of health services by communities, in partnership with citizens, local government, and service providers in Burkina Faso and Niger. The activity seeks to build off of the successes of RISE I and incorporate key lessons learned to achieve greater impacts on health, family planning and nutrition outcomes and enhance the sustainability of institutions and programs.
URC is currently seeking a qualified Country Representative for USAID RISE II HSD Activity. This position will lead implementation of the HSD Activity in Burkina Faso, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualize and design program interventions, in close coordination with COP, for technical components of the HSD Activity in Burkina Faso.
- Assist in the coordination of program implementation, including detailed monthly and quarterly work planning, capacity building and monitoring in Burkina Faso. Ensure that program targets and requirements are fulfilled, using reports, meetings, field visits and budgets, to evaluate and measure success.
- Ensure administrative, financial, and human resource supervision for program activities in Burkina Faso.
- Coordinate documentation of program results.
- Manage and provide day-to-day programmatic, operational, and strategic guidance to local staff and partners in Burkina Faso.
- Supervise local staff in conjunction with the HSD Senior management team.
- Provide leadership at the country program level to ensure staff understand and work towards the HSD Activity goals. Maintain professional standards of accountability, quality and effectiveness of all deployed personnel on his/her team.
- Establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with USAID, Burkina Faso Ministry of Health, and all other stakeholders, including implementing and collaborating partners.
- Ensure healthy and open communications with HSD main office in Niamey, Niger and HQ regional representatives.
- Assume overall leadership and oversight in Burkina Faso.
- Meet reporting requirements as required by USAID and URC HQ.
- Maintaining regular contact with USAID (as delegated by the COP), key counterparts and URC headquarters staff.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field such as public health, public administration, business administration, project management, health policy and management or other relevant discipline.
- Progressive experience of program management (at least 5 years) in the NGO sector in Francophone Africa with a proven track record as a senior manager and leader, including experience in developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Demonstrated progressive experience working in partnership with community-based organizations and other stakeholders.
- Significant experience with USG- or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and organizational and relationship building skills.
- Experience and skills in financial management and performance monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word and Excel skills.
Please note: these positions are contingent upon securing award.
About the Organization
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
Position is Contingent upon Award
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.