Country Team Coordinator, Market Development Facility (MDF) - Sri Lanka
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
The Market Development Facility (MDF) is a multi-country Australian Government aid program that partners with the private sector to achieve lasting growth and create sustainable jobs for poor women and men. MDF does this by using a Market Systems Development (MSD) approach.
MDF is funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT). It is implemented by Palladium in partnership with Swisscontact.
In Sri Lanka, MDF’s focus is on diversifying tourism with new products and services and supporting authentic Sri Lankan products which promote the country.
ABOUT THE ROLE
MDF is hiring a Country Team Coordinator for Sri Lanka. The Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day management and coordination of the Tourism sector team.
Coordinator’s responsibilities will include sector analysis, negotiations with potential partners for inclusive impact, results measurement, and organising engagement, influencing and learning events. As such, s/he will play an important role in grooming a team of Business Advisers in the Facility’s approach to market systems development. S/he will help develop the right organisational culture, business skills and development ethos.
It is important that the Coordinator can play a participatory, supportive emerging leadership role, to facilitate discussion and problem solving in the team. S/he will also ensure the effective integration of other emerging themes which help increase MDF’s and DFAT’s relevance in the country context. The Coordinator will support the overall management of MDF in country.
For complete Terms of Reference click here.
The ideal candidate (individual or organisation) should possess the following:
- A degree in business, tourism, economic development or another relevant field.
- A strong business orientation and at least two years’ work experience in related industries.
- Experience implementing the market systems development approach
- Proven ability to conduct economic analysis and translate the findings into pro-poor growth strategies and interventions.
- Proven ability to negotiate, design and assess strategic, sustainable market systems development activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated capacity to constructively engage with the private and public sector, development partners, other development programs, and other similar stakeholders.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills, numeracy, analysis and networking skills.
- Willingness to work in a challenging environment and to travel nationally and internationally.
Please include a current CV and cover letter, combined in one file. Interested candidates can apply via the Palladium careers website or the link:
The position is open to Sri Lankan nationals and permanent residents with authority to live and work in Sri Lanka. Rates of pay are based on local labour standards and a competitive remuneration package awaits a high-quality candidate. The chosen candidate will be required to provide a police clearance certificate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Applications close on 27th March 2020.