Samaritan’s Purse are hiring a COVID-19 Preparedness Program Manager in Juba, South Sudan! As the COVID-19 Preparedness Program Manager, you will provide management of all Samaritan’s Purse health programs for COVID-19 activities in Juba or Maban County Upper Nile State. You will be responsible for management of the COVID-19 activities, developing new program concepts, grant management, and coordinating emergency response health interventions as needed.
Be the hands and feet of Jesus! Allow God to utilize your talents for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This role is an unaccompanied position.
6-month position due to OFDA COVID-19 Award.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Manage the COVID-19 activities, develop new program concepts, grant management, and coordinate emergency response health interventions.
- Initiate and coordinate COVID-19 program development including writing new project proposals, facilitating the expansion or improvement of current services, and engaging with donors, National Task Force, and other partner organizations.
- Manage internal and external grant budgets for Samaritan’s Purse COVID-19 programs in Juba or Maban Hospital.
- Establish well-functioning administrative systems and supervision at the Isolation Facility in Maban.
- Liaise and coordinate with government representatives, State Ministry of Health, NGO staff, donors, and partners regarding the advancement of Samaritan’s Purse COVID-19 programs in Juba and Maban.
- Build capacity of Samaritan’s Purse Isolation Staff through on-the-job trainings and supportive supervisions. Ensure that our training of trainers for health facilities in Juba is being carried out in a timely and effective way.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of the program through quantitative and qualitative assessments.
- Assist the facilities in improving data quality and utilization of data to improve services at facility level.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
Samaritan’s Purse needs you to bring:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Registered Nurse or Health Professional with a Master’s in Public Health or Health Program Management.
- 3+ years related experience in Program Management in Health & Infectious disease in developing countries.
- Significant experience in health programming and coordination in developing countries and in difficult environments.
- Knowledge and adherence to MoH or WHO guidelines for health care management in South Sudan.
- Experience in coordination with other international humanitarian organizations and UN agencies operating in complex emergencies.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, health reporting, conducting assessments, and proposal writing.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal, adaptability, and management skills. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and have strong analytical, problem solving, and reasoning abilities.
- Language: Fluency in English (required). Any level of Arabic beneficial.
- Strong English language writing and oral communication skills, and demonstrated ability to produce quality reports and proposal inputs on short deadlines. Ability to speak effectively before large groups and key partners.
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume.
Note: Position is open until vacancy has been filled.
About the OrganizationSamaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
For over 35 years, Samaritan's Purse has done our utmost to follow Christ's command by going to the aid of the world's poor, sick, and suffering. We are an effective means of reaching hurting people in countries around the world with food, medicine, and other assistance in the Name of Jesus Christ. This, in turn, earns us a hearing for the Gospel, the Good News of eternal life through Jesus Christ.
Our emergency relief programs provide desperately needed assistance to victims of natural disaster, war, disease, and famine. As we offer food, water, and temporary shelter, we meet critical needs and give people a chance to rebuild their lives.
Our community development and vocational programs in impoverished villages and neighborhoods help people break the cycle of poverty and give them hope for a better tomorrow.
We impact the lives of vulnerable children through educational, feeding, clothing, and shelter programs that let them know they are not forgotten.
We provide first-class treatment in the Name of the Great Physician through our medical projects, as well as supplying mission hospitals with much needed equipment and supplies.