Social Solutions International Inc. is seeking a part-time COVID-19 Response Manager for a 5-year USAID-funded project in the Pacific Islands. The COVID-19 Response Manager will play a key role in working with the Chief of Party and other project staff to develop and implement a COVID-19 response strategy to leverage project resources (specifically grant funds and STTA) to support USAID’s COVID-19 response in the Pacific region. The position may be based in the US with travel to the Pacific Islands region as needed or in the Pacific region.
- Work in collaboration with the Chief of Party to develop a COVID-19 response strategy
- Work with other project staff to co-develop solicitations for COVID-19-related work by prospective grantees (as applicable/needed)
- Provide technical assistance, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation, and other support to Pacific American Fund grantees implementing COVID-19-related grants
- Propose collaborative partnerships with other projects, knowledge-sharing, and learning in support of COVID-19 response and recovery through the USAID project
- Master’s degree or higher in international development, public health, development economics, or a related field is required
- At least 10 years prior experience providing technical assistance and capacity building in relevant technical areas
- Expertise in civil society capacity building required
- Demonstrated knowledge of public health, economic recovery, and related development assistance programming preferred
- Demonstrated experience with international development and donor-funded programs
- Familiarity with USAID-funded projects will be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant computer software skills; proficiency in Excel strongly preferred
About the Organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company. Social Solutions emphasizes quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.