The Covid19 Technical Communications and Media Content Specialist will be responsible for developing and executing a communication strategy, and creating and managing content, for the COVID-19 digital platform.
COVID-19 Technical Communications and Medica Content Specialist will:
- Develop a communications strategy and create content for the COVID-19 website
- Help TIC TIMOR develop relationships and broker meetings with other relevant ministries.
- Liaise with key government institutions to obtain accurate, up-to-date content to be shared on the COVID-19 platform.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://bit.ly/37TAa9y
You will be a motivated and proactive Communications Specialist with expertise in content design for websites and other media platforms, who has the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Advanced University degree in communications, public relations, journalism, communication sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience (preferably within Government) in institutional communication, collaboration, and content creation experience.
- A bachelor’s degree and four years of experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Proven ability to develop approaches and materials for diverse target audiences, including messaging on culturally sensitive issues.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing visibility communications.
- Proven training and capacity building skills for a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication abilities, in both written and oral forms.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in coordination, and able to work under pressure is required.
- Fluency in English and Tetum is required
A competitive salary package will be offered to the successful candidate.
About the program
Cardno Emerging Markets supports the implementation of the Governance for Development (GfD) Program on behalf of the Australian Government.
The objective of the GfD program is to support the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) to achieve sustainable economic and human development as detailed in its Strategic Development Plan (SDP) 2011-2030. GfD supports the development of fiscal and economic frameworks that aim to deliver sustainable government finances, promote economic growth and meet social needs.
To achieve its development targets, Timor-Leste is striving to improve the performance of its government agencies. The core work under GfD is with central agencies to improve policy development and systems that are most important to economic management and service delivery. The key agencies that GfD supports are:
- Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) – Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (UPMA) and Economic Unit
- Civil Service Commission
- Ministry of Legislative Reform and Parliamentary Affairs (MRLAP)
- Selected Line Ministries and Autonomous Agencies
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the “apply” button to submit your application online with the reference number GfD173 by Wednesday 8 July 2020, 23:55pm. Your application must include the following:
- Your CV, outlining your work history and experience.
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) pages outlining how you can fulfil the requirements of the position.
- Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees
For any enquiries about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “GfD173 – COVID-19 Technical Communications and Media Content Specialist ” in your email subject line.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.
About the Organization
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Partnering with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.