World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As COVida Project Manager, you will lead all aspects of the implementation of this project for World Vision in Mozambique. COVida is funded by USAID as part of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) in Mozambique.COVida is a 5-year (2016-2021) project implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Palladium, World Vision, CARE, Path and N’weti. The goal of COVida is to improve the health, nutritional status and well-being of the Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) living in PEPFAR defined priority districts for epidemic control. The project will support about 335,000 OVC and their caregivers to access high-quality, comprehensive, compassionate services in 70 districts across Mozambique. Aligned with PEPFAR’s priorities of testing, treatment and adherence, COVida increases access to high-quality comprehensive, compassionate services, and strengthens the capacity of families and communities living in target districts to care for and protect the children in their care.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field degree in public health, social sciences, or related degree is required, with a Master’s degree highly preferred
- At least 5 years of experience with HIV and OVC programmes in a developing country, preferably in Africa.
- At least 5 years of experience managing large projects. Experience in managing inter-agency consortiums preferred.
- Experience in managing or working on PEPFAR funded projects is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing sub-grants with local organizations, preferably funded by USAID.
- Written and oral fluency in English is a requirement. Ability to communicate in Portuguese is a requirement.
- Position is based in Maputo, the capital of Mozambique, with approximately 30% travel to the field (Gaza and Zambezia provinces) required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 26 APR 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.