Category: Short Term Consultancy
Education: Masters Degree
Vacancy #: CPE-072018
Job Title: Credit Process Consultant
Organization: OXUS Afghanistan
Contract Duration: Short Term Consultancy (1 month)
No of Jobs: 1
Salary Range: According to organization salary scale/month
Announcing Date: July 12, 2018
Closing Date: July 29, 2018
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 10-15 Years
- About Consultancy:
OXUS will be hiring an independent and individual consultant. The purpose of this consultancy is to review credit process extensively to ensure that it is efficient, fast and secure to support OXUS growth in number of clients served and in the range of products and services offered, taking into account its large national network..
- Main Responsibilities:
The key objectives of the consultancy are:
- Strengthening of credit process function through revised processes and capacity building;
- Support in developing risk based plan
- Streamlining the documentary processes by reviewing the credit process in detail and streamline the processes by designing the improvement in the process
Primarily, the consultant shall:
- Review the exiting credit process
- Conduct a gap analysis and identify areas for improvement
iii. Provide with revised comprehensive credit process; and
- Provide capacity building sessions for the concerned staff strengthening
- Train operations staff to ensure understanding and full implementation of the improved credit policies.
- Revised existing credit process for gap analysis
- Gap analysis report and revise the credit process
- Training to relevant staff
- Key competences, technical background, education & experience required:
- a) At least 10 to 15 years of professional experience at management level in microfinance, credit process improvement and related areas
- b) Having Master’s level qualification in finance and/or credit
- c) Having experience of re-designing credit process
- d) Experience of working in South-Asia region
- e) International certification in management preferred
- f) Experience in consultancies and assignments related to credit process
- g) Strong writing skills, and experience of presenting complex technical information in an easily comprehensible way for non-specialist readers.
- h) Fluency in English.
The Credit Process Consultant will report to the Chief of Operations.
- Submission Guideline:
Make sure to write the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email and send your CV along with a cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
HQ, OXUS Afghanistan
For hard copy submission; submit your CV along with a cover letter to OXUS HR Department, House # 600, Street # 6, Qala-e-Fatullah Khan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Only short listed candidates will be notified.
- No phone calls will be entertained.
* * * * * *
About the Organization
OXUS Afghanistan (OAF) is a part of the OXUS Group, a global network of Microfinance Institutions created by ACTED, a leading international NGO operating in 25 countries. The OXUS Group is present in Central Asia (Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan) and has its headquarters in France.
OXUS Afghanistan began operations in January 2005 and currently has a portfolio of over US$ 13.2 million with an outreach of about 24,000 customers managed through 23 branches in 10 provinces.
- About the Project
Since its inception, OXUS Afghanistan has been supported by grants and concessional loans from the Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) and by equity investment from OXUS Holding, its main shareholder.
One of the most important functions of any Micro Finance Institution is Credit, as this forms basis of the existence of the institution.
OXUS Clients are growing on daily basis. Hence, it is a must that the credit processes are reviewed extensively to ensure that the processes are efficient, fast and secure to manage delinquency. This shall enable the organization to serve its customer in a better manner.
As the situation in the country is volatile and there are areas which are in conflict situation, credit review and requirement for bringing in efficiency and effectiveness becomes more important.
OXUS Afghanistan has certain challenges related to its current credit processes including documentation and being less user friendly and difficult to update.