Credit Risk Senior or Lead Specialist
Are you looking to apply your financial skills and experience to support development in Latin America and the Caribbean region? This is your opportunity to improve lives. Join us in Washington D.C.!
Background: The Credit Risk Management Unit (RMG/RMC) is looking for a seasoned credit professional with investment management and/or banking background to lead the enhancement of methods and process for assessing creditworthiness of issuers and counterparties the Bank uses in its Treasury Operations.
The team: Our team is part of the Office of Risk Management. The team conducts credit reviews on new and existing issuers/counterparties used in Treasury; advices the CRO on credit issues, rating methodologies and regulations affecting the Bank or its counterparties; and, oversees and reports on IDB’s commercial loan portfolio, which is managed by the IDB Invest.
What you’ll do:
- Lead projects to enhance RMC’s framework to review and assign exposure limits to counterparties in Treasury operations: investment grade banks, agencies, sub-sovereigns and corporates.
- Lead the analyses of regulatory changes, rating methodologies and developments in capital markets affecting the Bank counterparties, providing conclusions on their impact and recommendations on possible measures;
- Participate or co-lead working groups in reviewing new investment alternatives, issuers, and instruments for the Bank’s Treasury portfolio to determine suitability and define appropriate guidelines;
- Conduct fundamental review of counterparties in selected sectors; write credit opinions and deliver presentations to the Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO);
- Advise on the review and analysis of reports on IDB’s portfolio of private sector loans (managed by IDB Invest);
- Contribute to developing studies, credit policies and procedures to strengthen risk management as part of RMG’s overall goals.
- Provide technical mentorship and coaching to junior staff, to build the Unit’s credit expertise.
What you’ll need:
- Education: You hold a Master’s degree in finance, business administration, or relevant field.
- Experience: You have at least 6 years of relevant experience (10 years preferred) in credit risk assessment, formulation of ratings and/or investment management. You are proficient with MS Office software, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint. You have experience preparing documents, including the ability to draft well-written analyses and proposals.
- Languages: You are proficient in English and Spanish. Additional knowledge of Portuguese or French is preferred.
Link to Technical Competencies (← please Ctrl + Click)
Link to Core Competencies (← please Ctrl + Click)
Type of contract: Fixed Term Staff
Length of contract: 3 years
Starting date: September/October 2018
Location: Washington D.C.
Requirements: Candidates must be citizens of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the Bank.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of development fields, including transportation, health, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
About us: At the Inter-American Development Group, which includes the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC/IDB Invest), our private sector organization, we’re devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48 member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply