CSI Senior Advisor, Food Security Service Center (FSSC), Washington, D.C.
The USAID Food Security Service Center (FSSC) is a five-year project managed by Social Impact. It was launched in October 2013 with the overarching goal of supporting USAID’s Bureau for Food Security (BFS) in providing a broad range of integrated and knowledge-driven technical services to FTF Missions, USAID/Washington, other USG operating units, and host country counterparts. Specific services include: state-of-the-art food security support services with a focus on program and project design and management, expert analyses, capacity building; and bridging support and/or developing small scale pilots.
SI is seeking a CSI Senior Advisor to support USAID/BFS’s Country Strategy and Implementation Office in providing strategy and technical support to all target and aligned GFSS missions. The consultant will provide support for the development of Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) plans for regional Missions in the areas of agriculture, resilience, and nutrition. The consultant will also provide technical advice to BFS and Missions on country and regional project design and implementation, including alignment with FTF strategic guidance, and evidence-based programming. This position is expected to start on or around August 20, 2018 – March 6, 2018 and will work in BFS at the Ronald Regan building in Washington, DC.
- Assist Missions in designing market system, nutrition, and agriculture activities.
- Assist Regional Missions in drafting GFSS regional plans
- Assist BFS in developing a field support framework for delivering technical assistance to Mission.
- Provide significant technical input to a BFS framework for delivering field support to Missions.
- Provide technical guidance in developing GFSS regional plans for West Africa and East Africa Regional Missions.
- Possibly draft up to two or more Food Security and Nutrition PADs.
- Education: Master’s degree preferred, degree in Agricultural Economics, Economic, or other related social science required
- 7-10 years of experience at senior level in food security, agriculture, nutrition or resilience programming
- Level of Expertise: senior level
- Required Skill Set: Previous experience in designing food security and nutrition programs
- Strong knowledge of the Global Food Security Strategy and USAID’s Multisector Nutrition Strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with food security programming in Africa, Asia, and Latin America
- Availability to travel world wide
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.