The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU - funded tender:” Technical Assistance for EU-Turkey Anatolian Archaeology and Cultural Heritage Institute”.
The overall objective of the contract is to improve intercultural dialogue between Turkey and the EU through protecting and promotion of common cultural heritage and strengthening civil society dialogue on common cultural heritage.
The purpose is to accessibility to the Ancient Anatolian Civilizations’ archaeological and historical heritage works by collecting, preserving and promoting the shared values and common cultural heritage of EU and Turkey by means of collaborative activities.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in archaeology, social sciences or equivalent. In the absence of such a degree, minimum 9 years of working experience in these fields.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
General professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the field of archaeology and/or cultural heritage.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in protection of cultural heritage sites and/or archaeological excavations.
- Working experience in archaeology institutes/research centres will be an asset.
- Working experience in the field of archaeology and/or cultural heritage in Turkey will be an asset.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EU format in english.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.