Project: Technical assistance for education system strengthening in Somalia
Engagement: Long-term, 660 working days
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows: To strengthen capacity at federal and member state levels to shape and implement sound education policies and programmes that enhance provision of equitable and inclusive quality education for Somali children, youth and adults.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
To support, in complementarity with other ongoing initiatives, the strengthening of the education system and capacities of the education authorities at federal and state levels to better deliver and regulate education services.
To facilitate policy dialogue among education authorities and actors in view of harmonization and quality delivery of education services.
To support implementation of the ongoing State and Resilience Contract and to help pave way for potential education sector budget support.
To enhance the EU education assistance communication, visibility and accountability framework including through adequate resource tracking and impact monitoring; and communication thereof to relevant stakeholders.
The expected results are as follows:
Result 1: Improved capacity of Education Ministries for policy, planning, management and coordination among education authorities and actors in view of harmonization and delivery of quality education services.
Result 2: Strengthened delivery of the new curriculum framework in an increasing number of schools, and compatibility across Somalia with improved learning outcomes.
Result 3: Quality assurance and standards system strengthened leading to improved quality of education across all the education levels, inclusion and innovation.
Result 4: Improved learning assessments and harmonized national examination systems delivered by Ministries of Education.
Result 5: Strengthened and more transparent financial management functions in the Ministries of Education, paving way for potential education sector budget support.
Result 6: Internal and external communication and visibility of EU support to education is increased.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s level degree or equivalent in Education. If an expert does not have a Master’s Degree, a Bachelor’s degree in the field mentioned above and an additional 2 years of professional experience in curriculum development are required.
- Excellent written and spoken English (at least C1 level).
- Written and spoken Somali language will be an added advantage.
General professional experience
- A minimum of 12 years’ subject-related work experience, preferably gained in a developing country.
Specific professional experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in implementing national curriculum or other system wide education reform programmes.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in primary and secondary education with focus on curriculum development.
- Knowledge of competency based curriculum design, development and implementation would be an asset.
- Relevant experience in developing, field-testing and finalizing teaching-learning materials and methods will be considered an asset.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org