Chemonics seeks a curriculum development specialist for mobile phone repair for the Supporting Moderate Education in Syria program, referred to as the Injaz program. The Injaz Program is funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA) and assists children and youth in northeast Syria with limited or no access to education since the start of ISIS occupation in 2013. Recognizing the negative impact that the fighting has had on the educational infrastructure, Injaz supports technical vocational education and training (TVET). In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Injaz TVET program has shifted from an in-person to a blended learning approach that combines online and in-person training and has reduced the number of available vocations from twelve to seven, including mobile phone repair. Injaz recently completed market research to determine if the training provided to graduates is providing them with the necessary skills and knowledge that they need to secure gainful employment in their field of choice. This research presents findings and recommendations based on interviews with graduates and employers of Injaz TVET graduates. The curriculum development specialist will review the current Injaz TVET curricula and the project’s market research findings and recommendations and revise the curricula accordingly. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
· Review the current Injaz TVET curricula and the project’s market research findings and recommendations and revise the curricula accordingly
· Review curricula of 120 pages and 9.5 hours of videos
· Review 8-page market research report
· Revise written curricula and prepare written recommendations on changes to video content
Qualifications of Consultant
· University degree in Electronics or related subject
· Experience with curriculum development and/or instruction on mobile phone repair, ideally in a private vocational center or higher education institute
· Relevant professional experience in this field
· Requisite education and vocational training experience
· Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
· Native Arabic speaker
Duration of Assignment: 9.25 days
Location of Assignment: remote, work at home with personal laptop
Supervision of Consultant: Injaz Director of Programs, based in Berlin, Germany
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Curriculum Development Specialist for Mobile Phone Repair” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2021. No telephone inquiries please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/