Creative is seeking a CVE Technical Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Kosovo. The project will aim to empower youth in Kosovo to promote their own development and become responsible citizens, thereby strengthening their resilience against radicalization to violence. The program will empower at-risk youth in targeted municipalities to increase civic participation and economic self-empowerment for resilient, peaceful communities.
The CVE Technical Advisor will be responsible for supporting overall program implementation and activities by providing in-depth and conceptual input from a CVE lens to overall program strategy and work plans.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Chief of Party (COP).
- Provide technical expertise to program staff, subcontractors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Oversee the design and implementation of CVE interventions, in collaboration with the COP and USAID.
- Develop CVE capacity of local organizations to implement activities.
- Provide in-depth and conceptual input from a CVE lens to overall country program strategy as well as regional program strategies and work plans;
- Provide CVE-specific advice and information to the COP, donor, and activity development staff as part of the program activity cycle to ensure activities support program theories and assumptions; assist in the identification of program opportunities and potential local partners;
- Design and develop research initiatives as requested in support of the achievement of CVE goals and objectives and contributing to the analysis of activity and program-level impact;
- Provide timely analysis and reporting support to the Mission or other USG entities as requested on CVE issues and policy;
- Support the Monitoring & Evaluation team as needed in the development of M&E tools and approaches; engaging with the M&E and activity development team to incorporate M&E learning into new activity design; distilling lessons learned for activity development staff.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in a relevant field required, advanced degree preferred;
- A minimum of five (5) years working on countering violent extremism, deradicalization, and/or youth development is required; experience working on these issues in Kosovo and/or the Western Balkans preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of current program principles, concepts, practices, methods, and techniques of CVE;
- Previous experience working in Kosovo or the Western Balkans on VE issues is highly desirable;
- Experience working on countering violent extremism in a range of countries is desired but not required;
- Demonstrated experience communicating ideas with a range of stakeholders including donors and government officials through written documents and presentations;
- Fluency in written and oral English is required, fluency is Albanian or other local language preferred.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.