Job Title: Data Analyst
Department/Location: Washington DC/Virginia and Madagascar
Reports To: Team Leader
Overview: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) is seeking an experienced Data Analyst for the anticipated USAID Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Project (MEL) in Madagascar. This is a mission-wide platform that will provide monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) services to USAID/Madagascar and its implementing partners (IPs). Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Lead tasks related to data analysis throughout the project;
- Statistically review baseline/endline survey data and other secondary data;
- Develop sampling plans and calculate survey sample sizes;
- Program mobile data collection applications for digital surveys utilizing shareware software;
- Analyze survey data, performing both descriptive and inferential analyses;
- Analyze performance evaluation data;
- Compare endline with baseline data and test for differences;
- If applicable, analyze impact evaluation data using quasi-experimental models, and ensure that model specifications are based on sound econometric theory and practice;
- Integrate GIS into data collection as needed;
- Lead efforts for dynamic data visualization and graphical presentation of results utilizing tools such as Tableau;
- Contribute to project deliverables such as work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans, quarterly and annual reports, design frameworks, evaluation reports, data quality assurance and analysis plans, and other topical assessment/analysis plans and reports as needed;
- Enforce standards of data quality and management per USAID standards and regulations;
- Other tasks as directed by the Team Leader.
- At least 5 years of proven with qualitative and quantitative research methods in contexts similar to this project;
- Excellent analytical skills and professional programming experience using SPSS, STATA, or similar statistical computing programs;
- Good knowledge and understanding of USAID monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) policy and Automated Directives System;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparing compelling presentations and written reports, and ability to describe technical problems and solutions to a non-technical audience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working within a diverse, multi-disciplinary team;
- Experience with programming focused on health, environment, climate change, food security/food aid, and/or gender equality is preferred;
- Experience on data collection efforts using mobile technologies and GPS mapping a plus;
- Experience training others in data collection and management a plus; and
- French fluency highly desirable.
- Must have at least five years of experience in design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative research methods and results, preferably with USAID-funded programs; and
- Must be fluent in oral and written English.
Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.Education:
Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or related fields is required.Supervisory Responsibility:
This position does not have supervisory requirements.Travel:
International Travel is required.No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.