Position Type: Full-Time (based on contract award)
Work Location: Peru
ME&A is recruiting a Data Analyst for the USAID/Peru Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning for Sustainability (MELS) contract. The purpose of MELS is to provide USAID/Peru, including its bilateral and South America Regional portfolios, as well as USAID/Brazil and USAID/Paraguay, with technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s portfolios, in order to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID’s development outcomes. Additionally, MELS will provide services to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning capabilities of USAID/Peru staff, targeted local partners and Government of Peru (GOP) stakeholders. The Mission focuses on sustainable natural resource management and increased public services in the Amazon basin.
The Data Analyst will support the operations team and other program staff to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, hardware, and IT accessories. Additionally, this position will support program operations with technical, logistical and administrative support, including, but not limited to responsibilities listed below.
- Ensure that all program laptops, office printers, security cameras, and other IT devices remain functional.
- Investigate, research, and troubleshoot IT-related issues, report and document any hardware or software issues to the Operations Manager.
- Manage the IT setup for new employees including laptop configuration, printer driver installation, Microsoft installations, and any other setup tasks as needed.
- Review IT security protocols and provide recommendations for changes if necessary.
- Support and assist fieldworkers, field supervisors, and in-country data managers to use mobile- and paper-based data collection systems
- Working with subject matter specialists to produce analyses based on survey data
- Building capacity in implementing agencies worldwide via workshops and seminars on data use and survey processing
- Coordinating technical support for data users
- Ability to design, implement and analyze online survey data utilizing Qualtrics
- Proficient in resolving data and analytics related to field research
- Technical support to the monitoring plan.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Sociology, Epidemiology, Economics, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in design, management, and implementation of complex information systems mainly focusing on qualitative survey data.
- Excellent, proven skill in using CSPro for both mobile- and paper-based survey data collection activities; significant expertise with a variety of database software (e.g. C#, C++, Python, Java, Atlas, STATA, SPSS)
- Availability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time
- Experience in natural resource management, statistics, international development or demographic research
- Experience in working or living in the developing world
- Positive, problem-solving approach
- Rigorous attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to work in challenging environments and under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and with a team
- Fluency in Spanish required, fluency in English and Portuguese desired
- Resident or citizen of Peru desired
- Expertise in Peru highly desired, and experience in Brazil and Paraguay are a plus
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.