Job DescriptionData Analyst, Survey of Development Outreach Campaign Awareness (DOCA),
Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Islamabad, Pakistan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position. **
MSI is seeking a data analyst with excellent quantitative data management and analysis skills for supporting the data analysis phases of the survey. MSI has conducted around 5,100 household interviews using a structured survey instrument. The data analyst is expected to run different data quality tests and conduct analysis by producing tables/charts as per the analysis plan. The total time commitment is around 12 working days, starting from May 2018 and completing by June 2018.The position is based at the MSI office in Islamabad. The data analyst will report to the assignment manager.
- Read the survey instrument and training manual to understand the dataset.
- Analyze the dataset to identify problematic data points – consistently followed the long skips, high non-response and refusal rates, and duplicate interviews etc.
- Analyze the dataset by enumerator to compare the response rate of “Don’t know” and “Refused to answer” between current wave and baseline.
- Produce the data tables and graphs as per data analysis plan using the datasets of both waves.
- Run the statistical tests to check the randomness of data and apply tests of significance.
- Undertake other tasks as required to ensure the quality of data already collected.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large-scale datasets.
- Excellent data management and analysis skills for complex household surveys.
- Excellent command of SPSS to run preliminary and advanced analysis.
- Reasonable English comprehension and writing skills.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest in this evaluation will not be considered for this assignment. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this assignment. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project being evaluated or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.