The five-year DELTA project will support USAID Mission teams with monitoring and evaluation services to allow agility and adaptability in the dynamic development context in Liberia. It will produce data-driven analyses to inform activity design and implementation and maintain a performance management system. It will also support data calls and reporting requirements that demand rapid assimilation and synthesis of various data points. The project is currently in the bid phase and the position would begin should MSI be awarded the contract.
**Only Liberian citizens are eligible to apply**
MSI Seeks a Data Analyst who would be expected to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into support to organizational decision-making. The candidate should have experience with cleaning, processing and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and should be able to lead on data management and ensure that all data are properly documented and stored. The Data Analyst is expected to conduct full lifecycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. The candidate will work with the senior technical staff, other data analysts and local data collection firms. This is a long-term assignment based in Monrovia.
· Data Collection Planning: Contribute to planning for qualitative and quantitative studies; prepare data collection instruments; coordinate with local data collection firm.
· Database Development and Data Entry: Provide database design and management services, as dictated by MSI and USAID Liberia needs.
· Data Quality and Cleaning: Contribute to ensuring the quality of information being collected by the project, including considerations related to the treatment of research subjects and relevant data dis-aggregation needs (For example, gender, ethnicity and geographic).
· Data Analysis: Analyze quantitative data using Excel and/or SPSS. Analyze qualitative data using MaxQDA or NVivo.
· Prepare data visualization to facilitate public presentation of data findings including pie charts, bar graphs, and tables, among others to include in both external and internal reports.
· Master’s degree in Social Sciences (Economics, Sociology, and Political Science etc.), Information Management, Statistics or related field.
· Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Data Analyst.
· Experience conducting background research and synthesizing information, including primary (qualitative and quantitative) and secondary data (reports, academic and non-academic articles).
· Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS).
· Knowledge and experience of qualitative data analysis techniques and software such as MAXQDA and NVivo to process and organize large amounts of data.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
· Familiarity with international development projects required. USAID experience preferred.
· English language fluency and some knowledge of other local language preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.