Data Analyst, Zambia Evidence for Health (E4H) Activity, Lusaka, Zambia
USAID/Zambia intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity will support strategic objectives of USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position. Please share your salary expectations in your application for this position.**
The Data Analyst reports to the senior KM/DDU advisor. They will review and analyze health data across the USAID portfolio and work with the Data Visualization Assistant to produce portfolio reviews, program reviews, and any custom analysis requested by USAID for reporting or programming purposes utilizing charts, dashboards, scorecards, graphs, tables and maps. The Data Analyst will also prepare assessments of health trends/information gaps and ad hoc reports, and will train MOH/USAID on basics of data analytics.
- Identify, collect, and analyze relevant data sets to produce portfolio reviews, program reviews and any custom analysis requested by USAID for reporting or programming purposes.
- Author custom reports including tabular, cartographic, and infographic elements.
- Generate analytical reports for various data calls, collected from project activities.
- Support data management, improve data quality, and harmonization of information for DDU.
- Support capacity building for MOH/USAID on basics of data analytics.
- Support as required the HMIS team to analyze data sets.
- Other duties, as necessary and assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, mathematics, computer science, population or demographic studies or other relevant discipline. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten years demonstrable work experience as a data analyst, with preference for work in the health sector.
- Expertise with statistical analysis software.
- Excellent data management skills and experience working with datasets in multiple formats including shapefile, geodatabase, and CSV.
- Must have functional knowledge of Ministry of Health HMIS/DHIS2 system.
- Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.