Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is seeking senior and mid-level Data Analysts and Statisticians for upcoming USAID-funded monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) activities. Candidates must have a minimum of 6 years of experience supporting qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, training and/or capacity building. A master’s degree and experience on USAID-funded projects, especially MEL platforms and projects, is preferred.
- Provide oversight and high-level technical support for on-going data collection, statistical analysis, and capacity building activities in the field;
- Lead the conceptualization of analytical methods to support evaluation design, objectives and implementation and achieve learning priorities;
- Manage standards of data quality, integrity, precision, validity, reliability and timeliness related to monitoring and evaluation processes, per USAID standards and regulations;
- Clean data sets and perform statistical analysis;
- Provide analytical findings in a clear, readable format that can be easily incorporated into reports including preparing graphics, diagrams, tables, etc., and drafting accompanying narrative explanations;
- Manage the relevant data sets and ensure that they are maintained and made accessible to potential users;
- Ensure the quality of work and compliance with USAID’s Evaluation Policy; and,
- Support other MEL activities and processes, as needed.
- Master’s degree and experience on USAID-funded projects, including strong conceptual knowledge of MEL, and USAID’s Evaluation Policy and CLA framework.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting MEL platforms and/or project-wide M&E activities for international development projects.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical software such as SPSS, STATA, R and/or others.
- Proven experience translating unstructured data into actionable insights for decision making.
- Demonstrated experience in mixed methods design, qualitative and quantitative data collection, statistical analysis, and the application of participatory research methods.
- Ability to travel internationally for short-term consultancies.
Salary is commensurate with background and experience. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2018. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).