Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking a Data Analytics Specialist for our Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team supporting the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, Office of Security Assistance (PM/SA). The M&E team is responsible for evaluating the Foreign Military Financing (FMF) and International Military Education and Training (IMET) security assistance programs. This is a full-time role based in Washington, D.C. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Providing quantitative analytical support to inform country papers and perform data quality checks to ensure integrity of the data.
- Recommending opportunities to develop quantitative analysis on qualitative data.
- Engaging in conversations with the COR and with the core M&E team regarding additional data points to consider and explore for further analysis.
- Developing and populating easy to read and digestible mockups of data visualization options to present to the COR.
- Documenting data calculation steps and methodologies applied to the analysis (as needed).
- Analyzing country trends for regional and global comparisons.
- Producing approved final data visualizations of the analyses for each FMF and IMET recipient country in support of PM/SA program managers.
- Researching other security related open-source data for additional validation and comparison of methodological approaches and summarize findings.
- Adapting analytical techniques to changing needs of the project and the team as needed.
- Master’s degree and at least five years of experience OR a bachelor’s degree and at least eight years of experience.
- Ability to perform advanced quantitative analyses of structured and unstructured data, especially working with, and manipulating large data sets.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on specific tasks on deadline with minimal supervision.
- Experience with designing data visualizations to demonstrate data trends.
- Comfortable with the changing needs of the client and the team.
- Department of Defense (DOD) stakeholder experience is a plus.
- Active secret security clearance required.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.