The Data Visualization Specialist will support Jhpiego global projects and TLI by developing high-quality, innovative, and user-friendly data visualizations and information graphics. Candidates must possess creative and adaptive thinking skills, be resourceful, and have a passion for visually conveying complex information and analytic findings through polished and engaging reports and visuals.
The Data Visualization Specialist will work collaboratively with technical and program teams to respond to and address data visualization requests. They will need to be able to clearly communicate data insights through project briefs, data visualizations, interactive charts and dashboards, information graphics, and other tools for multiple audiences (advocates, implementers, policy makers, donors, etc.) They will identify the best opportunities to integrate visual design skills into data analysis, ensuring that data presented are accurate, accessible, engaging, actionable, innovative, and relevant to target audiences.
- Work collaboratively with teams of made up of communications experts, data analysts and managers, monitoring, evaluation, learning and knowledge management staff, program staff, web developers, and technical subject matter experts to solve problems and convey key messages using data and information visualization best practices and innovative techniques
- Develop intuitive and professional static and interactive data visualizations for multiple formats (websites, dashboards, briefs, reports, peer-reviewed journal articles, proposals, and presentations)
- Distill quantitative and qualitative data to communicate compelling stories to diverse audiences
- Build capacity of staff and implementing partners in data visualization
- Advanced degree in related field
- 3 years of relevant experience with demonstrated ability to take complex information and/or large data sets and translate them for use in graphic or interactive visualizations for the web and/or other media
- Portfolio/examples of previous data and information visualization work
- Strong specialized skills in information and data visualization and graphic design
- Foundational understanding of statistical analysis and tools used to perform such analyses (Excel, Stata, SPSS, or similar)
- Professional experience with graphic design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, or similar)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, ArcGIS, or similar
- Ability to collaborate with multiple diverse groups and across teams
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills–strong oral, written communication, and presentations skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Awareness of and sensitivity to working in multiple socioeconomic settings with multicultural groups in a developing country environment
- Advanced degree in public health
- Fluency in French
About the Organization
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care.
Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.