The Data and Learning Associate will be dedicated to USAID’s Feed the Future Knowledge, Data, Learning, and Training (KDLT) activity. KDLT serves USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (RFS) as the primary mechanism to help the Bureau capture, analyze, share, and adapt good practices around agriculture-led economic growth, nutrition, and resilience. Through a suite of ongoing support services, KDLT works to expand RFS’ and Feed the Future’s capacity in the core areas of knowledge management, data management and analysis, organizational learning, and training.
The Data and Learning Associate will support two primary areas of work for KDLT:
- Events management and support, particularly for knowledge sharing and learning-related events. Events include a full range of activities, from virtual conferences and retreats to e-learning, trainings, and virtual workshops/webinars; and
- Monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL), specifically in supporting and innovating with respect to data collection, synthesis, visualization, and sharing. This position is full-time, and temporarily remote due to the coronavirus pandemic. Once the team returns to the in-person workspace, the work location will be Washington, D.C. Until the team and USAID returns to the office, all events will be held online.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to contribute and strengthen expertise in a number of skill areas, including developing and implementing trainings and adult learning content; managing online and in-person events; driving monitoring, evaluation and learning for adaptation and improved results; and supporting data analysis and visualization. The position is part of a vibrant and growing team at the forefront of work in organizational learning, knowledge management, training, and data management within the international development field.
The Data and Learning Associate will report to the Learning Events and Knowledge Exchange Lead. KDLT is implemented by a consortium of partners led by Bixal as the prime contractor and The QED Group, LLC (QED) and Training Resources Group (TRG) as key sub-contractors. This position will be hired by QED.
Events management and support (approximately 50%)
- Support the development of KDLT trainings and other adult organizational learning events, both virtual and in-person (in the future). Tasks could include organization and coordination of materials; creation of online task lists and tracking of task completion; basic document formatting and editing; content review and logistical support for trainings; online support for trainings using platforms including Google Meet, Webex and others; and additional related tasks as requested.
- Provide support during a range of online events, including webinars, workshops, retreats and other virtual meetings. Tasks could include monitoring chats, helping with slide presentations and other content development, and note-taking.
- Provide scheduling support for planning meetings and event rehearsals.
- Prepare event invitations and online event pages in Agrilinks, a website that KDLT supports on behalf of USAID.
- Participate in online events rehearsals and after-action reviews (AARs).
- Support preparation of meeting reports for client, including aggregating and synthesizing meeting and training outcomes; contributing to innovative design and visualization of data; and writing and editing assignments.
- Other related tasks as requested.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) (approximately 50%)
- Support both internal and external data collection and reporting including building and conducting surveys, key informant interviews, and other feedback mechanisms.
- Assist with updating the KDLT Indicator Dashboard on Tableau and support with other data visualization products.
- Assist with monthly reports for webinars and website analytics for Agrilinks and ResilienceLinks, websites that KDLT maintains for USAID.
- Support the KDLT MEL Plan by coordinating annual internal meetings, facilitations for indicator reviews, and synthesis and implementation of the newly revised MEL Plan.
- Other related tasks as requested.
- BA/BS + 5 years’ experience in professional office workplace or MA + 3 years’ experience in professional office workplace
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Solution-oriented mindset, with the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills in speaking, writing, and listening
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to uphold QED’s values: quality, integrity, learning, diversity, innovation, collaboration, empowerment, and efficiency
- Proficiency in working with Google Suite and Microsoft Office environments
- Knowledge of basic adult learning principles and application to development of trainings
- Experience with the preparation and implementation of trainings, virtual or in-person, and e-learning
- Experience with, and willingness to develop/expand skills related to management of online event platforms such as Adobe Connect, WebEx, Google Meet, and GoToWebinar
- Interest in the international development sector, and with knowledge management and organizational learning and development
- Experience with data collection, analysis and visualization
- Proven ability to work constructively with multiple stakeholders and diverse teams