Job DescriptionData Collection Lead, Sindh Reading Program, EGRA Endline Study, Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.**
USAID/Pakistan is funding the Sindh Reading Project (SRP), to improve early grade reading in public primary schools in Sindh. The 2018 endline study will provide evidence of progress made in student reading scores over the life of the program.
MSI is seeking a data collection lead to oversee and ensure the quality of data collection for the 2018 SRP Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA) endline study. The data collection lead will be responsible for working with a local data collection subcontractor to ensure the administration of the EGRA tools and survey instruments in Sindh in accordance with the study sample and the data collection plan. This assignment is of short-term duration, expected to last between 5-7 weeks beginning in September 2018.
- Supervise all elements of the data collection effort in Sindh province.
- Assist the PERFORM team with communicating with government personnel and managing those relationships as needed, to facilitate a smooth training and data collection process for the team.
- Serve as the point-of-contact for the data collection subcontractor for the duration of the assignment, including, but not limited to, the following key areas: a) all planning and coordination aspects of data collection and personnel lodging as well as school visits for the teams prior to the start of fieldwork, b) field implementation during data collection, c) overall personnel management.
- Assist the subcontractor as needed with logistical arrangements, make implementation suggestions, and oversee the tablet-management procedures in the field.
- Ensure the performance and management quality of the subcontractor.
- Liaise with the field monitoring lead and assessment lead as needed to convey messages during fieldwork and ensure that quality and consistency in the test administration are being achieved.
- Prepare regular report updates as required.
- Participate in debriefing meetings with staff as scheduled.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the assignment manager/EGRA core team.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in the social sciences or a related field.
- At least five (5) years of managerial experience of assessments, surveys, monitoring assignments and evaluations, and other assignments requiring a field data collection effort.
- Experience managing relationships with government entities.
- Experience managing assessments of primary school students a plus.
- Excellent analytical, and English oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively as part of a large team of local and expat dedicated professionals.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and produce quality work.
- Fluency in Urdu and Sindhi and strong working proficiency in English required.
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest in this study will not be considered for this assignment. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this assignment. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project being evaluated or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com